Tomorrow's LG predictions today...

flannelman

Tomorrow's LG predictions today...

Postby flannelman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

It seems to me like the trend changing from generally easier overall games sections to generally different games sections, which are becoming more difficult. June 09 is the obvious most recent stand out of a very challenging game. But its also an example of one which combines many elements rather than focuses on one or two things. Also I have noticed that Instead of rewarding big deductions it seems like LSAC has started rewarding those who move into "rule driving" their game. That is, less games need be set up thoroughly and more are developed with "if x is in 3 than bla bla bla" local sort of questions. Given that... Here are my predictions...

Game 1: Grouping
-3 groups
-6 slots
-2 numerical distributions for 8 variables given somewhat constricting rules

Game 2: In/Out... Focus on the out I'm also thinking this will be the one people are talking about.. I feel like its been a while
I think we see a tough In/out game, I feel like there has not been one in a while.

Game 3: Grouping/sequencing:
-grouping game with some of ordering going on.
-1 to 1
-6 variables

Game 4: pure linear
-easy street, but maybe with a question or two worded really ridiculously to make it a bit more of a challenge.

If The in out thing doesn't happen It's going to be a Circular Linearity game all the way, mark my words!

spets

Re: Tomorrow's LG predictions today...

Postby spets » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:47 am

Circular linearity? Is that like the one with people sitting around a table? I hate those.

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:54 am

lsac has certainly moved away from matching and distribution games, so i would expect a sequence, selection, (distribution or matching),and a sequence/selection hybrid. *This is my completely blind prediction and should be taken with a grain of salt

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:57 am

I would actually be happy with a problem about circular linearity... it is really easy once the inferences are drawn out.

For some reason I have a feeling this test's LG will be pretty hard and this test will feature a lenient curve (-13 or so).

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 pm

spets wrote:Circular linearity? Is that like the one with people sitting around a table? I hate those.

Just think of it as a linear game. It's pretty much the same thing.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Im just hoping that there will be a linear and an in/out game. I can nail those. Distribution games suck, and I dont care too much for circular games.

If I can bang out a -5 on that bad boy I'll make up the rest.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Hoping for the "easy" one to be grouping and the hard one to be defined in-and-out. If there is a linear one, I'm hoping that it has an extra component. I really actually hate basic linear because while I can nail all of them, it can take me upward 8 minutes for each one.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:51 pm

what is in/out? I've never heard that term before? which tests do they appear on?

Aside from the test with Raymond (i think) and his wife, and several other couples who were sitting around a table and couldn't sit next to one another...blah blah blah...which tests have featured circular linearity?

I'd like to familiarize myself with these.

spets

Postby spets » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 pm

chrissyc wrote:what is in/out? I've never heard that term before? which tests do they appear on?

Aside from the test with Raymond (i think) and his wife, and several other couples who were sitting around a table and couldn't sit next to one another...blah blah blah...which tests have featured circular linearity?

I'd like to familiarize myself with these.

In/out games are selection games, like the birds in the forest and to a certain extent, the infamous dinosaur game (which featured a matching component as well). They're usually characterized by a ton of conditionals (If X is selected, then Y is not selected).

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

PT59 - with that girl picking her 4 classes out of x number of available classes - in-and-out

I don't even know what circular linear is. Is it the one with them sitting around a table? I think I've only seen it twice out of all the PTs.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

I don't even know what circular linear is. Is it the one with them sitting around a table? I think I've only seen it twice out of all the PTs.

Circular linearity games consist of a fixed number of X's assigned to spaces around a table. The bible uses game 1 from the June 91 lsat as an example. All-in-all they're just linear games. If you know how to diagram linear games, you should be fine.

flannelman

Postby flannelman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:06 pm

bartleby wrote:PT59 - with that girl picking her 4 classes out of x number of available classes - in-and-out

The best of three and hardest by far circular game to check out is the third game from the October 03 test, and for a very challenging in/out check out game 4 from June 97.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:14 pm

I hate the "plug and chug" games. It took me forever to figure out the 4th game from PT 60. Did anyone else find this game time consuming as hell? :evil:

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:15 pm

for some odd reason i always destroyed the circular games in roughly 5 minutes, but if it was a square game (benches/lamp posts) i would take forever. never could quite figure out why though...

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:43 pm

DukeCornell wrote:I hate the "plug and chug" games. It took me forever to figure out the 4th game from PT 60. Did anyone else find this game time consuming as hell? :evil:

I think it's been mentioned before but there is a key deduction you have to make that makes the game 100x easier. I can't imagine just plugging away on that one.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”