redbull during the break, allowed?

jlhero

redbull during the break, allowed?

Postby jlhero » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:21 am

can we drink things like redbull or rockstar during the break? or only water is allowed?

58932ugahoige

Re: redbull during the break, allowed?

Postby 58932ugahoige » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:45 am

I wouldn't.

Caffeine makes a person jittery and might make you have to pee. Just drink a juicebox of OJ and have a sip of water during your break.

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:51 am

Mental stimulants containing B vitamins and Taurine are strictly prohibited during the lsap. You will be breathalized and caught.

glewz

Postby glewz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:04 am

verum custos wrote:Mental stimulants containing B vitamins and Taurine are strictly prohibited during the lsap. You will be breathalized and caught.

Don't be a douchebag verum.

OP, just read http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/day-of-test.asp#allowed

and if you have any additional questions, just call LSAC - not a big deal at all

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:31 am

glewz wrote:
verum custos wrote:Mental stimulants containing B vitamins and Taurine are strictly prohibited during the lsap. You will be breathalized and caught.

and if you have any additional questions, just call LSAC - not a big deal at all

Love you.

glewz

Postby glewz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:35 am

verum custos wrote:
glewz wrote:

Love you.

heart : DD i figured these dec takers are freaking out enough :P

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:43 am

glewz wrote:
verum custos wrote:
glewz wrote:

Love you.

heart : DD i figured these dec takers are freaking out enough :P

Yeah good call. Sorry OP we secretly want to give you a hug.

glewz

Postby glewz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:12 am

Love you.[/quote]

heart : DD i figured these dec takers are freaking out enough :P[/quote]

Yeah good call. Sorry OP we secretly want to give you a hug.[/quote]

aw i feel bad for calling you a douche - clearly all in jest - sorry

verum custos

Postby verum custos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:13 am

That's ok, I am a douche :D

flannelman

Postby flannelman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:21 am

Im thinking about bringing a little bottle of bourbon myself... Just in case things get hairy.

superhands

Postby superhands » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:04 pm

I had a friend do a five second flow of whiskey in the parking lot before the test, and later during the break. Needless to say, he got a 180.

spets

Postby spets » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Pretty sure Four Loko is the way to go.

amorfati

Postby amorfati » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 pm

yup, as long as it fits in your ziploc.

although I did it for the october test and seriously regret it. unless chugging a red bull is something you're used to doing daily, then i strongly advise against it. I got super jittery and anxious and ended up choking... hence, I'll be sipping a RelaxZen during the break tomorrow.

ss701bm

Postby ss701bm » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:25 pm

superhands wrote:I had a friend do a five second flow of whiskey in the parking lot before the test, and later during the break. Needless to say, he got a 180.

HAHA. Wow that's impressive. Nerves + Alcohol. This combination sounds like puke fest 2010.

LSATSecurity

Postby LSATSecurity » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 am

Items Allowed in the Test Room
Test takers may bring into the test room only a clear plastic ziplock bag, maximum size one gallon (3.79 liter), which must be stored under the chair and may be accessed only during the break. The ziplock bag may contain only the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub; valid ID; wallet; keys; analog (nondigital) wristwatch; medical or hygiene products; #2 or HB wooden pencils, highlighter, erasers, pencil sharpener (no mechanical pencils); tissues; and beverage in plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml maximum size) and snack for break only.

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/day-of-test.asp#allowed

If your Red Bull comes in a plastic container, you should have been fine. Otherwise, it would be prohibited. As the test was already administered, this is more of an FYI to other test takers on the board.

DieAntwoord

Postby DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:54 am

LSATSecurity wrote:Items Allowed in the Test Room
Test takers may bring into the test room only a clear plastic ziplock bag, maximum size one gallon (3.79 liter), which must be stored under the chair and may be accessed only during the break. The ziplock bag may contain only the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub; valid ID; wallet; keys; analog (nondigital) wristwatch; medical or hygiene products; #2 or HB wooden pencils, highlighter, erasers, pencil sharpener (no mechanical pencils); tissues; and beverage in plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml maximum size) and snack for break only.

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/day-of-test.asp#allowed

If your Red Bull comes in a plastic container, you should have been fine. Otherwise, it would be prohibited. As the test was already administered, this is more of an FYI to other test takers on the board.

HAHA LSATsecurity thats so cute

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 am

If you want it, just take it with you and ask the proctors when you're checking in if it's ok. The worst thing that could happen is they have you throw it away.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 am

You could always take a water bottle, dump it out, get a funnel, crack open the redbull and pour into the water bottle the night before. Sure, it'll go flat, but were you really bringing a redbull because you wanted a nice fizzy beverage?

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:12 pm

I had a red bull in my bag for both the October and December tests and no one cared. I only drank a little bit of it and got a drink from a water fountain. just take a pee during the break and you're fine. You only have to make it 70 minutes because you can easily go for a break during the writing sample.

iWayneState

Postby iWayneState » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Your fellow test takers will thank you for getting a 140. By all means, drink the bull.

flannelman

Postby flannelman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:51 pm

I brought one in for the december exam... no problems.

Beast15

Postby Beast15 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 am

jlhero wrote:can we drink things like redbull or rockstar during the break? or only water is allowed?

Yes. And if you operate better with a caffeine boost (most people tend to), chug away. I'd recommend a 5-Hour Energy though, since it probably contains a comparable amount of caffeine in a smaller quantity of liquid (it's also sugar-free). A full bladder will make Section 5 torturous.

LongFellowMadison

Postby LongFellowMadison » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 am

Can't anyone on these forums just answer the damn question without going on some stupid tangent about things that don't pertain to the original question at all? Or put up the rules and regulations from the website just to be a pompous ass.

Simple answer to your simple question:

YES, you can bring in Red Bull, however I would suggest pouring it into a 16.9 oz clear plastic water bottle.
(Look at that, one clear and decisive sentence to this person's question)

cindy66

Postby cindy66 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 am

LongFellowMadison wrote:Can't anyone on these forums just answer the damn question without going on some stupid tangent about things that don't pertain to the original question at all? Or put up the rules and regulations from the website just to be a pompous ass.

YES, you can bring in Red Bull, however I would suggest pouring it into a 16.9 oz clear plastic water bottle.

That's exactly what I did during the December LSAT. My water bottle was like 20oz though, but I removed the label and they didn't say anything.

Beast15

Postby Beast15 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 am

LongFellowMadison wrote:Can't anyone on these forums just answer the damn question without going on some stupid tangent about things that don't pertain to the original question at all? Or put up the rules and regulations from the website just to be a pompous ass.

Huh? This is TLS buddy. Membership is comprised mainly of egotistical overachievers that need to be heard. Just answering questions isn't enough...off-topic rants are necessary.

Get it together.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”