The new plague - Misbubbling

The new plague - Misbubbling

Postby delusional » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 am

As I continue through the LSAT preptests, they continually prove to be a moving target. RC was fine until PT 50, then it took a bunch of focus to adapt to the harder new ones. I was killing LG until 57, then I couldn't finish 57,58,59,60 on time, but got all the ones I filled in correct. I studied those LG extra hard, and although 61 seemed utterly unlike them, I finished without having a time problem. Now, suddenly, I got four wrong. But that is not why we're here tonight.

Although I did not have any bubbling problems EVER until two weeks ago, now it seems like I can't get through a test without blowing a section on mis-bubbling. This time it was LG from 12-23. Not only that, I was -1 on LR and when I checked it, it turned out to be an isolated mis-bubble, Ridiculous as it sounds, I'm tempted to start one of those threads - did bubbling get harder after PT 54?

Any ideas for how to improve bubbling accuracy without making major time sacrifices?

Re: The new plague - Misbubbling

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:15 am

delusional wrote:Any ideas for how to improve bubbling accuracy without making major time sacrifices?

Circle answers in test booklet, bubble in two-page blocks, and then when you're done with the section run through your test booklet and match all of the circled answers against what you bubbled. This was my strategy and I dont think I ever misbubbled.

Postby 2011Law » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:29 am

I've only mis-bubbled twice, the first time I did it in like the first ten questions and didn't notice until the last question; it took me like five minutes just to figure out exactly where it began b/c of questions I got legitimately wrong. The second time was actually on the very next PT, but wasn't so bad. Honestly, I think if you mis-bubble on many of your PTs you should just make a serious point of making sure where you're bubbling on every single question. It would probably take up an extra minute or so to double check.

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 am

I bubble in 2-page blocks, and make sure the number of the last bubble I filled in matches up with the number of the last question on the page.

Postby northwood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:32 pm

if you are having trouble bubbling, in groups do it after every single question. when there is 5 minutes left double check.
when i heard that there were 5 minutes left, i finished the problem, double checked my bubbles, then went back and did some more work ( either went back to the ones i had trouble with, or finished the section) all unanwered questions get the letter of the day,

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”