WAY DOWN on last PT WTF!? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
flannelman

New

WAY DOWN on last PT WTF!?

Post by flannelman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 am

I have been meaning to stop taking PT's and just work on refreshing fundamental stuff which I think could boost my overall score a bit. But I decided to take one last PT before doing that and blew one of the logic reasoning sections completely the first one and botched an entire game!!! Score was extremely low and I'm super depressed about it. I keep reading you should go in to the real deal (which I'm doing Sat) with a ton of confidence and I am at an all time low. So I don't know what to do tomorrow. Do as originally planned and just work problems and logic and games and hit stuff I had been meaning to drill, or take my last untaken PT which is the most recent october 2010 test (not that I wouldn't do some of both if I took it). Any suggestions?

PS
I have also read taking old exams over can help overall and help go in with a chip on your shoulder but I always find that I get tripped up and halfway remember having picked previous answer choices or not, and make bias decisions so Im against doing that.

Fresh

Silver

Re: WAY DOWN on last PT WTF!?

Post by Fresh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 am

flannelman wrote:I have been meaning to stop taking PT's and just work on refreshing fundamental stuff which I think could boost my overall score a bit. But I decided to take one last PT before doing that and blew one of the logic reasoning sections completely the first one and botched an entire game!!! Score was extremely low and I'm super depressed about it. I keep reading you should go in to the real deal (which I'm doing Sat) with a ton of confidence and I am at an all time low. So I don't know what to do tomorrow. Do as originally planned and just work problems and logic and games and hit stuff I had been meaning to drill, or take my last untaken PT which is the most recent october 2010 test (not that I wouldn't do some of both if I took it). Any suggestions?

PS
I have also read taking old exams over can help overall and help go in with a chip on your shoulder but I always find that I get tripped up and halfway remember having picked previous answer choices or not, and make bias decisions so Im against doing that.
Which was the PT you blew? Of course you want to go into Saturday with confidence, but you can't put stock into performing at your best every time. Think of your last botched exam as an outlier. At this point, you should be pretty confident/aware of what you can do, and that's where you should get your confidence. I personally would say not to take October, because the risk is way bigger than the reward. If you do awesome - you'll feel great. But if you do a mediocre job, or you do a bad job, or you do your worst yet, then you'll have zero confidence going into Saturday. Review what you did wrong on that last PT today, and do so thoroughly. Take tomorrow off completely and go into Saturday rested and ready, knowing you'll do great

flannelman

New

Post by flannelman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 am

The one I whiffed was the Dec 09. Yeah that occurred to me as well, the high risk factor I mean. Maybe not worth it. at the same time I feel like maybe I should at least to like one LR from it and the LG. The LR just to see more recent problems, and the LG just to see what games were on it/ the same reason I guess. I'm not quite as worried about RC, thats either going to be really tough or it wont, there is no sense in worrying about it. I'm not even so concerned with getting an overall score though the temptation might strike once I start. It's maybe just the idea of finishing two more sections the right way. Realistically though Im not sure if Im just making up excuses or if it's beneficial. ahhhhh

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:59 am

FWIW Dec. 09 was a difficult test. During my prep I got a 163 on it I think, but I did much better on the real thing. A lot of people struggled with that one. Bad idea making it your last before the exam lol. seriously though a freak out is unnecessary, just do a thorough review and i guarantee you'll be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”