ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:16 am

I would love to have a score of 3 to 5 points higher. I've already applied to my schools if choice. I was rejected from one. Do you think I should quickly sign up for the Feb. test and inform the remaining schools before they make a decision? And I don't want to simply wait for June and apply next year considering I've already taken some time off. Any thoughts?

northwood

Re: Sign up for February?

Postby northwood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:11 am

if you take the Feb test, even though you have sent your application in now, the schools wont see it, and essentially you will be applying at the end of february. Which means that if you dont score 3-5 poiunts higher you will most likely be wl or rejected. If you are accepted, there will be less scholarship money available.

My advice would be to wait and see how your application cycle goes. If you are at the medians allready ( check each schools website), you should have a good chance. If you do and you still get dinged, then you have a glaring weakness somewhere else in your applicaiton. Perhaps its with your ps, resume or addendum. Even if you did score well, depending on how bad your ps, resume or addendum( for Cand F, lsat, or grades) you can still be rejected.

To figure this out, contact the admissions dept at the school(s) that rejected you. If you are nice and courteous, they may tell you what you need to improve. If its your lsat, then yes take it again, and maybe apply later, if you HAVE TO go to law school in the fall. If its the essay, or something else, then change it immediately, and hope for the best.

However, if you havent made a decision by mid january, i would say to wait until next cycle and re apply. Take the LSAT in either Feb, or June, and use the summer to perfect your essays, resume, and other parts. If you wait too long to be complete ( this is why i said mid january) then you could do everything right (perfect the essays, resume, and re take the lsat) and still strike out because while you are competitive at the school, there are too few spots left, and someone else is a stronger canidate( better we, gpa, lsat, etc) than you, or the school is full allready.

hth

ISTAND

Re: Sign up for February?

Postby ISTAND » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. You're right, I saw on the school websites that they don't accept scores from Feb (such as Columbia). I think I'll prepare for the worst this cycle then prepare to take the test in June. My PS is not so cohesive either. I was in such a rush to get my apps in that I fear it may have hurt my chances, we'll see.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”