To PT or not PT...that is the question.

enigma09

To PT or not PT...that is the question.

Postby enigma09 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:10 am

I took a practice test yesterday and scored my highest ever on it. I have one more PT left (#60), but I was wondering if I should do it tomorrow. My confidence is much higher after this latest high score, so I don't want to ruin that with just two days left. At the same time, I haven't taken a 5-section test in a while and was planning on doing that tomorrow to get somewhat re-acquainted with the length of the test. Is it too late for that at this point, or should I take the test? I have been afraid of getting burned out lately, but I don't know how confident I'd feel going into the test having not studied at all for 3+ days.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Boulanger07

Re: To PT or not PT...that is the question.

Postby Boulanger07 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:30 am

I think you should. It's a recent test so it will only help you in understanding the recent test trends. Even if you don't do well on it don't let it get to you. I scored a 164 on my very last PT before my OCT LSAT. My initial diagnostic was 165 and my PT average at this point was 169, so I was very disappointed especially so close to the exam. I ended up getting a 173 test day.

bee's vision

Postby bee's vision » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 am

I would take it untimed. It's definitely material that should be covered before the exam but, IMO, taking another PT is not worth loss of confidence if you don't get the score you want. Just look at all the posts of people freaking out about their PT scores. I was averaging 175 before October, burned myself out the week before, got a 167 on PT 60 that thursday, freaked out, couldn't sleep, and got a 167 on the real deal.

If you're worried about your endurance, take an old old 5 section PT. So your score is much less relevant. But in the end all that really matters is how confident you are going into the test.

flannelman

Postby flannelman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Good to know it gave other people trouble to I guess... Yeah I might look at some with no timing, just to see them. Thanks for the advice. Here goes nothing...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”