Which would you do?

paulshortys10

Which would you do?

Postby paulshortys10 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:01 pm

So i'm pretty sure my timing will not improve from here to saturday, so i need to make a decision.

With LR i can finish 23 questions pretty much everytime. the reason for this is not that im a slow reader, but that I spend too much time deciding between 2 last AC's on some questions. Should I choose instinctively rather than rationally when it comes to these situations? that way I have more time for the last 2-3 questions and can take a better guess that just D's all the way down. OR should I take my time with these, and just finish 23 while i take a dumb guess on the last 2-3?

With RC I often get stuck too long answering questions for a hard passage(10-12 minutes) leaving me behind when i get to th others. basically for the reasons as LR, i get stuck between 2 AC's for too long just thinking...which suggestion would u suggest?
MOST of the time im at the last passage with 5 minutes remaining.

LG i'm just hoping i don't get stuck too long on 1 game....sometimes i finish with 5 minutes left, sometimes i'm on the last problem with 3 minutes left....I expect dec to be hard too...

tourdeforcex

Re: Which would you do?

Postby tourdeforcex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:12 pm

so it looks like you have more than 1 decision to make.

my suggestions

LR: instinctive vs rational. depends on how accurate your instinct is. if you can't rationally prove that one AC is better than another but you feel confident it is right: bubble that, mark it, move on, come back if you have time. that said, if your instinct isn't so good, maybe get as many right as you can and guess the last 2-3. better to get 18-20 right than to be guessing haphazardly on 6-8 questions.

RC: be disciplined on how much time you allocate. if it looks like a long question that you'll spend tons of time on (like EXCEPT questions), just skip it, mark it, come back if you have time. another suggestion: read passages that you are better at first. for example, i'm not the best at understanding law passages so i might go to do those last. after i finish the other 3 feeling more confident, have more time to tackle that last.

LG: you seem set for this.

hope this helps.

paulshortys10

Re: Which would you do?

Postby paulshortys10 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:24 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:so it looks like you have more than 1 decision to make.

my suggestions

LR: instinctive vs rational. depends on how accurate your instinct is. if you can't rationally prove that one AC is better than another but you feel confident it is right: bubble that, mark it, move on, come back if you have time. that said, if your instinct isn't so good, maybe get as many right as you can and guess the last 2-3. better to get 18-20 right than to be guessing haphazardly on 6-8 questions.

RC: be disciplined on how much time you allocate. if it looks like a long question that you'll spend tons of time on (like EXCEPT questions), just skip it, mark it, come back if you have time. another suggestion: read passages that you are better at first. for example, i'm not the best at understanding law passages so i might go to do those last. after i finish the other 3 feeling more confident, have more time to tackle that last.

LG: you seem set for this.

hope this helps.

cool thanks for your help.

i have 61 still left to do, so i'll try out some things on it. In RC i'll look for passages I would get faster first. in lr i'll try out my instinct. Most of my wrong answers come with 2 choices left where my other answer is right, it's just i spend too much time deciding which 1 is more wrong or more righ than the other instaed of just going for it and moving on.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”