Questions regarding LSAT administration - unusual ones

gambelda

Questions regarding LSAT administration - unusual ones

Postby gambelda » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Do sabbath obesrvers get the same exam but a day later? Or do they get a different exam with a similarly equated curve? I'm not one, but am wondering out of a sense of fairness.

Also, do people all receive the same exam organization? I mean do they rotate which sections appear first, second, third and which one is the experimental? Can 1 person have the experimental first and another person have it 3rd?

Fresh

Re: Questions regarding LSAT administration - unusual ones

Postby Fresh » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:27 pm

these are not unusual questions

From what I understand:
1) No. Yes (all curves are similar)
2) No. Yes. Possibly

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:28 pm

gambelda wrote:Do sabbath obesrvers get the same exam but a day later? Or do they get a different exam with a similarly equated curve? I'm not one, but am wondering out of a sense of fairness.

Also, do people all receive the same exam organization? I mean do they rotate which sections appear first, second, third and which one is the experimental? Can 1 person have the experimental first and another person have it 3rd?

as far as the experimental, not only can you get them in different orders, you can get them for different sections. so you could get 3 LR sections while the guy next to you gets 2 LG sections, and so on.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Well I'm glad to hear #1 is a no because if they receive dthe same exam, I would be PISSED!

#2 is somehwat bothersome to me because I think, in general (risky term to use here), most people take time to get warmed up (i.e. their first section could be more shaky than the rest) but if 1 person has their experimental first then the shakiness has no affect on their score while another test taker for the same exam could have their experimental be 3rd and be shaky for a first real section....

of course this whole argument brings in other questions like, well what if someone gets RC first and its their worst while another gets Games first and its their best, isn't that unfair? - True, but not exactly parallel because the LSAT cant determine a general standard of 1 section being most difficult across the board, whereas needing to warm up for most takers seems to be much more true across the board.

Also I could see people saying well it doesnt matter because no one knows which section is the experimental - True, but that doesn't address the fact that people who have it first will still be less affected than people who have it 3rd.

I'm just posting my thoughts out there - in reality, it doesn't even matter. The only thing peole can control is their own score and performance, so I should focus on that stuff instead of debating these things in my head all day.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Some people are pumped up for the first section and tired by the third. So it can go either way.

butter33

Postby butter33 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 pm

and the experimental section seems to freak people out - if you get it first it might blow off your confidence for the next couple of sections. and then if you have it 3rd you might do shit on the first section and go "oh well its probably experimental" and find out later that it ws the 3rd section, etc etc

way too many variables

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:20 pm

LSAT semi-pro tip: don't try and guess the experimental. Just work your ass off on all three sections.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”