Can we talk about the experimental section? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vissidarte27

Bronze

Can we talk about the experimental section?

Post by vissidarte27 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:47 am

I think I read somewhere that the first three sections are all part of your LSAT score and that the experimental section is one of the last two sections. Is that true?

Is there anyone who sells a 5-section PT or do you have to add a 5th section in yourself from another PT?

Pleasye

Platinum

Re: Can we talk about the experimental section?

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:50 am

You've got it backwards. The experimental is one of the first 3 sections of the test. The last 2 sections always count for your score. A bunch of people are going to jump in this thread and start yelling about how THIS ISN'T FOR SURE YOU NEVER KNOW, however, this is how it's been for like the past 10 years.

Cambridge LSAT sells 5 section PTs. The 5th section will not be an actual experimental it will be a section from another released PT.

ETA: http://www.cambridgelsat.com

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:52 am

vissidarte27 wrote:I think I read somewhere that the first three sections are all part of your LSAT score and that the experimental section is one of the last two sections. Is that true?

Is there anyone who sells a 5-section PT or do you have to add a 5th section in yourself from another PT?
It has always been one of the first three sections. This is not to say that LSAC couldn't screw with everyone and make it one of the latter two, but empirical evidence suggests that it is ALWAYS one of the first three.

Also, I believe the only 5-section PTs you can get are the "officially released" ones (June 2007 comes to mind I think?). Other than that, only test companies will give you 5-section PTs (and even those are limited), and the 5th section is spliced in from another preptest.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks guys. I knew I had something wrong.... heh.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:10 am

Just to clear one thing up, the officially released LSAT's that are sold by LSAC (and the free June 2007) are 4 section tests. They don't give out any of their experimental sections. Any 5 section test that you take will have 1 section that is from another PT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 am

LSpleaseee wrote:Just to clear one thing up, the officially released LSAT's that are sold by LSAC (and the free June 2007) are 4 section tests. They don't give out any of their experimental sections. Any 5 section test that you take will have 1 section that is from another PT.
Thank you, I was actually unsure of that. I took a prep course where we took one of the released ones, and I wasn't sure how that worked. Oh well, I'll never have to think about taking the test again anyway :)

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:27 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:Just to clear one thing up, the officially released LSAT's that are sold by LSAC (and the free June 2007) are 4 section tests. They don't give out any of their experimental sections. Any 5 section test that you take will have 1 section that is from another PT.
Thank you, I was actually unsure of that. I took a prep course where we took one of the released ones, and I wasn't sure how that worked. Oh well, I'll never have to think about taking the test again anyway :)
Well good luck in your cycle then! Hope everything goes well :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”