marking questions on actual scantron?

flannelman

marking questions on actual scantron?

Postby flannelman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:40 am

After skipping a question it's obviously much easier and quicker to refer to the particular question if you mark the actual question# on the scantron answer sheet. However If perchance time is called and you haven't been able to erase said marks in time is this a problem? Is it ok to put a line or dot or star or whatever next to a question number on the actual scantron?

Also is there any problem with accidentally filling in answers beyond the last question number for a section. Again for instance if time is called and your just filling in the last few as guesses but maybe fill to number 27 instead of 25 or something.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Eugenie Danglars

Re: marking questions on actual scantron?

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:45 am

flannelman wrote:After skipping a question it's obviously much easier and quicker to refer to the particular question if you mark the actual question# on the scantron answer sheet. However If perchance time is called and you haven't been able to erase said marks in time is this a problem? Is it ok to put a line or dot or star or whatever next to a question number on the actual scantron?

Also is there any problem with accidentally filling in answers beyond the last question number for a section. Again for instance if time is called and your just filling in the last few as guesses but maybe fill to number 27 instead of 25 or something.

Anyone have any insight on this?

A dot next to the number (opposite side from the answer bubbles) is no big. The only errors I've seen on my students' papers are when they mark two bubbles for the same questions. Small "stray marks" are not the big deal that the instructions indicate, at least not on the machine I use.

Filling in too many bubbles isn't a problem on the machine I use- it just marks them wrong, but I add up the score myself, so no worries. On the LSAT, I dunno, but I don't think it would hurt you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”