If Conditional Logic Games

ZDS

If Conditional Logic Games

Postby ZDS » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 pm

I do very well on logic games, except for these If conditional logic games. I cannot seem to ever complete them in time.

Do you have any tips on doing better on them? Also, in general, on logic games do you always take the contra positive of IF statements, and write it out as a rule or only certain ones?

Thanks in advance!

-Zach

Anomaly

Re: If Conditional Logic Games

Postby Anomaly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:51 am

You should definitely write out the contrapositives if these games are giving you trouble. Is there something in particular that is slowing you down?

ZDS

Re: If Conditional Logic Games

Postby ZDS » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:35 pm

When there is tons of IF statements, and there's a ton of connections to be made:

The game that stopped me dead in my tracks and really threw me off was December 2001 LSAT 36
Game #3 Questions 14-18. -- The Bus Ride.

I could not make and keep track of the inferences for the life of me. I can't seem to figure out why. I missed 3/5. It just never clicked. I seem to get this problem on the If ones. I've been using the "logic games bible" strategy, however I find my self looking back at the text. For these conditional logic games, i'll either fail miserably or -0 them depending on if I'm able to really materialize the connection.

Thanks in advance! My worry on writing contrapositives is slowing me down. Logic games are still the only section I have time issues with, I'm getting like 9.5ish minutes a game vs the 8.75 needed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”