7 months studying...too long?

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

7 months studying...too long?

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I was supposed to retake next Saturday but I'm just not ready. I am in a Power Score class that ran from early November until this Wednesday. I have access to all of their online resources until the February 12 LSAT.

My GPA sucks so this test is going to be huge for me. I thought perhaps I could use all of my Power Score materials until February and then transition into pithypike's plan from mid-Feb. to the June test. Is that realistic, or is it just way too much time?

Would it be better to use my month off from school to reduce pithy's plan to 2 months and take the February test? I need some input.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 7 months studying...too long?

Postby northwood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:02 pm

are you still in school? If you are, when do you graduate? Focus on your grades, then worry about this. IF you are out of school, then disregard the previous sentence.

How comfortable are you right now? Since you ahve access to all of the materials, download them/ print them off and save them. Continue studying and drilling. If you are still not comfortable by mid january, then go for june. Otherwise, sit for the test in Feb. Best of LUck!

gambelda
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 am

Re: 7 months studying...too long?

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:03 pm

7 months is fine. In fact if I dont score in December what I want after 3-4 months, I'll tack on another 6 and retake in June.

Never ever ever take February LSAT. Always take June. it starts at noon, and if you are trying to apply to this cycle, the Feb LSAT is pointless because your applications will be so late. If you plan on next cycle, take in June, if you dont get what you want, retake in Oct. and still get apps in really early.

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 7 months studying...too long?

Postby gobuffs10 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:20 pm

gambelda wrote:7 months is fine. In fact if I dont score in December what I want after 3-4 months, I'll tack on another 6 and retake in June.

Never ever ever take February LSAT. Always take June. it starts at noon, and if you are trying to apply to this cycle, the Feb LSAT is pointless because your applications will be so late. If you plan on next cycle, take in June, if you dont get what you want, retake in Oct. and still get apps in really early.


I didn't even consider the later start time. I suck at the morning, so that could be helpful. But yeah I am waiting til next cycle. I don't want to apply with a 2.59. Good luck next Saturday though!

But yes I am still in school. Will be graduating in May, unless I need to boost my GPA a bit more, then I am going to take a full course load for summer to get a few more precious points on there. But yeah, probably May.

gambelda
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 am

Re: 7 months studying...too long?

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 pm

2.59 means you need to SERIOUSLY raise your GPA for law school. anything under 3.0 makes it extremely hard to get into top 40-50 schools without extensive WE.

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 7 months studying...too long?

Postby gobuffs10 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 am

gambelda wrote:2.59 means you need to SERIOUSLY raise your GPA for law school. anything under 3.0 makes it extremely hard to get into top 40-50 schools without extensive WE.


True. It is possible though. lawschoolnumbers will vouch for that.

User avatar
Montevillian
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: 7 months studying...too long?

Postby Montevillian » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 am

gobuffs10 wrote:
gambelda wrote:2.59 means you need to SERIOUSLY raise your GPA for law school. anything under 3.0 makes it extremely hard to get into top 40-50 schools without extensive WE.


True. It is possible though. lawschoolnumbers will vouch for that.


Yeah, but if you still have the option of raising your GPA, which you do and most people with such a low GPA do not, why would you choose to try and be an outlier? Put off graduating as long as financially possible to get that GPA up. You won't regret it.

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: 7 months studying...too long?

Postby gobuffs10 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 am

Montevillian wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:
gambelda wrote:2.59 means you need to SERIOUSLY raise your GPA for law school. anything under 3.0 makes it extremely hard to get into top 40-50 schools without extensive WE.


True. It is possible though. lawschoolnumbers will vouch for that.


Yeah, but if you still have the option of raising your GPA, which you do and most people with such a low GPA do not, why would you choose to try and be an outlier? Put off graduating as long as financially possible to get that GPA up. You won't regret it.


I have considered that. I'm already 23 is the only real bothersome thing about it, and I'd need a good deal more hours of A and B to crack 3.0 I dunno. What do you think?

EDIT: Apparently delaying past summer isn't really an option. It looks like best case scenario I'll finish with a 2.8. I dunno. Better than a 2.59 I guess.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Grond and 12 guests