Less than a week to go, I'm going to make it

StrictlyLiable

Re: I feel like I'm getting burned out on this LSAT studying

Postby StrictlyLiable » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm

I feel you bro.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:29 pm

well I'm glad i decided to review this test...marked two questions wrong that I actually got right..turned out to be a 166 which still isn't what I want but is low end of acceptable.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Any Advice on addressing burnout?

-7 on RC is what got me this -14 which is crazy...I know it's burnout, I've been getting 0 and -1 on RC from my first diagnostics...

Take another test tonight, like I planned to?

Take one tomorrow morning? Wait until Wednesday?

Advice?

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:50 pm

if you are burnt out, or think you are burnt out, i would suggest cutting back, or taking a day or 2 off. If you dont want to stop completely, then dont do the section that is burning you out ( if you suddenly go from -1 or3 to -7+). You need to take a break from this, and focus on LR or LG. Confidence should be your word of the week. With 5 days to go from the actual test day, do whatever you need to do to keep yourself ready and confident.

when i was gearing up for october I took a day or 2 off, and saw that my acuracy increased dramatically.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:50 pm

jd20132013 wrote:Any Advice on addressing burnout?

-7 on RC is what got me this -14 which is crazy...I know it's burnout, I've been getting 0 and -1 on RC from my first diagnostics...

Take another test tonight, like I planned to?

Take one tomorrow morning? Wait until Wednesday?

Advice?

It really depends on how well you can absorb information in such a short time. I would, however, advise against taking a full PT today since you know it is burnout. You should probably take today to relax from RC... and do another RC section/PT tomorrow. Maybe just do a logic game today for fun.

postn0bills

Postby postn0bills » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 pm

I made the LSAT my entire life for the October test. Something unexpected happened the morning of... and I bombed the test and canceled my score. Disappointed, I reregistered for the December test and this time, made the LSAT my priority, but not my only one. I have been studying less, taking fewer practice exams, and doing a whole lot BETTER. My average has gotten significantly higher since I've allowed for things in my life like sleep and friends and less practice testing. I still study quite a bit, but not to the point where things sort of blend together in an amorphous blob of logical disarray, like I had done in preparation for the October test.

Take a step back, take a deep breath, and recognize burnout when it's there. Put things in perspective -- one less practice test is not going to make or break you.

Good luck! :D

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Definitely not taking a test tonight, then.

I'll just review the LGs I did today.

Its going to be hard for me to not take one tomorrow though. Would you really advise waiting until Wednesday?

EDIT: Wrote that before the two latest posts(first time this feature has actually affected what I wanted to say)
Thanks for the feedback, makes me a lot more comfortable about waiting. I think I'll take tonight and tomorrow off although I will do a LG section(or two) tomorrow to stay fresh.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 pm

jd20132013.
I would stay away from RC for a bit. It seems as though RC is the section that is burning you out. Do some LG, and LR for a couple of days. If you are really stressed, maybe take a RC section and break it down into individual passages and do one- stop. go do LG, take a break or whatever. do another one, then repeat. Take RC really slow for a few days and see if it helps

You will be fine. If you have taken your pts under strict timing, and in a test like environment ( like a library, etc) and you didnt allow yourself the chance to cheat ( take an extra 20 seconds, or change then mark) you should score as well as you do on your pts.

YOu will be fine. dont worry. Have faith in yourself!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”