One step forward, one step back - HELP!

enigma09

One step forward, one step back - HELP!

Postby enigma09 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:26 pm

I've been studying RC the last few weeks and feel like I've seen a marked improvement in my score. Until now, I felt like this was the "key" for me to get a good score - I've always been solid in LR and have been counting on missing no more than 1 in LG on the real test.

These past few days, however, I've taken a total nosedive in LG. I've gone from getting -0 on 4 or 5 straight tests with time left over to being unable to finish in time and still missing 4 or 5 questions on those that I finished. I don't know if my collapse is attributable solely to the tests (I was missing none on PTs in the 40s), is all mental, or is due to the fact that I spent so much time honing RC that I neglected to maintain my proficiency at LG.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, please help! If not, please help anyway!

gambelda

Re: One step forward, one step back - HELP!

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 pm

MAssive difference in PT 40 games and PT 50-60 games. PT 40 games are a damned joke. I've been completeing most of these in 27 minutes.

enigma09

Postby enigma09 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 pm

I know they are easier, but I know that isn't the whole problem. For instance, I took PT 53 a week before the October exam and missed 0 on LG. I took that same LG section yesterday and missed 4 on those that I did and did not even answer 2 questions on the last gamem

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Possible that you recalled what you thought were the correct answers and as a result, were less stringent with making sure the answer you selected was the correct answer. Happened to me once. Actually I ended up remembering everything I had selected before and consequently was inclined to select those answers again - which resulted in me getting the exact same score as before.

Otherwise, could be you're either burnt out or just having a bad day or two. Bad days happen to everyone.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:55 pm

enigma09 wrote:I know they are easier, but I know that isn't the whole problem. For instance, I took PT 53 a week before the October exam and missed 0 on LG. I took that same LG section yesterday and missed 4 on those that I did and did not even answer 2 questions on the last gamem

I think you're burnt out. Me too buddy.

I was doing exceedingly well with my PT's for a little while. Last week I took off from everything I was doing and was enjoying real progress, including some high 170's and a 180 score. Then they started dipping some. Finally, last Friday, I took two PT's in a row, a 172 and a 169. I started really dragging in LR. So I took off Saturday. I tried again on Sunday but realized one day wasn't enough. I did one LR section and got a -7, as bad as my first diagnostic. So I took the rest of that day off too. Now I'm feeling a little better and things are clicking a little better for me in looking at the PT's again.

The thing that concerns me is, at least for me, I probably need two days of recovery. At least one. I highly advise that people don't plow through material all week including Friday. You will be spent by Saturday.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”