Diagramming LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jwzp

New

Diagramming LR

Post by jwzp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:55 am

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tourdeforcex

Bronze

Re: Diagramming LR

Post by tourdeforcex » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:15 am

making that decision of whether or not to diagram is not easy and definitely a learned skill

w/ 5 days to go, my suggestion would be this: if there are question types that you've noticed you consistently need to diagram (for example, for me, i almost always need to diagram "which method of reasoning is most similar?" or "which method is most similar to the flawed reasoning above?") then you should diagram those if it isn't immediately apparent.

another gauge is by question number. if it's 1-8, usually there won't be terribly difficult LR, and usually i don't need to diagram. but if it's 20-26 and it's really short, maybe diagram. for the in between, hard to say.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 am

Good suggestions above. One to add: take a look at the answer choices. If you see the stimulus has conditional logic, as well as the answer choices, it's more likely this is a diagramming candidate.

dreamingara

New

Post by dreamingara » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Just what I was wondering. Good suggestions.

aevea

New

Post by aevea » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:49 am

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:Good suggestions above. One to add: take a look at the answer choices. If you see the stimulus has conditional logic, as well as the answer choices, it's more likely this is a diagramming candidate.
Look for "only if" and "unless". If you notice either in the argument, it's a good candidate for diagramming.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”