Beijing University Testing Center Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
niederbomb

Silver

Beijing University Testing Center

Post by niederbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 am

Anyone ever tested here/visited here?

I've only been to Beijing once and never to Peking University. I'm taking the D8 train from central Manchuria (4 hour ride) on Friday evening and taking the test Sunday.

What are some good accommodations in the area?

Looking forward to non-Siberian weather for a few days. lol

suspicious android

Silver

Re: Beijing University Testing Center

Post by suspicious android » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:18 am

I actually took the test here three years ago. But everything's changed since then, I'm told, so I can't really offer any advice. Check out the Crow's Nest for great pizza next to campus.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:22 am

3 years ago was before the Olympics. But where did you stay? I'm having an awful time finding accommodation on the internet.

Most of the hotels are a good way to the southeast. And the regular hotels that are nearby are sooo expensive.

The cheapest option seems to be to book a double room at a youth hostel and endure the laughs and foreigner jokes (that they think I can't understand) of the Chinese ladies at the front desk.

"6'3, 200 Lb foreigner needs two beds."

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:27 am

I don't know what your finances are, but you really don't want to save $20 on a crappy room the night before the LSAT. Look for a room near WuDaoKou, it'll be cheaper than the hotels next to campus, it's about a 15 minute walk from PKU's gates, 5 minute taxi on a Saturday morning. Plus it's a cool, busy area to hang out the night before. Do NOT get a room in the SE part of town, you're looking at a 30 minute cab ride under good circumstances, 60 minutes if something goes wrong. Try ctrip.com or elong.net, but I don't really know where to get good hotels in Beijing.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 am

suspicious android wrote:I don't know what your finances are, but you really don't want to save $20 on a crappy room the night before the LSAT. Look for a room near WuDaoKou, it'll be cheaper than the hotels next to campus, it's about a 15 minute walk from PKU's gates, 5 minute taxi on a Saturday morning. Plus it's a cool, busy area to hang out the night before. Do NOT get a room in the SE part of town, you're looking at a 30 minute cab ride under good circumstances, 60 minutes if something goes wrong. Try ctrip.com or elong.net, but I don't really know where to get good hotels in Beijing.

Crappy doesn't matter that much as long as it's quiet, it has a shower, and there's no one else in it.

Finances aren't a problem, but I hate spending unnecessarily. Is 3.0 miles away too far? Dongyuan, Xueyuan Road, Haidian District?

EDIT: Guess I'm dropping $62 for two nights at 1.8 miles SE of Peking U. Any better options?

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:43 am

niederbomb wrote: Crappy doesn't matter that much as long as it's quiet, it has a shower, and there's no one else in it.

Finances aren't a problem, but I hate spending unnecessarily. Is 3.0 miles away too far? Dongyuan, Xueyuan Road, Haidian District?

EDIT: Guess I'm dropping $62 for two nights at 1.8 miles SE of Peking U. Any better options?
Nah, that should be fine. You'll be able to find a taxi in about 30 seconds, everyone in the city knows where PKU is. Try to figure out if you need to be at the east, west, or north gate, the campus is huuuuuge, and you can get lost easily if you're wandering around. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”