What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:33 am

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby Pleasye » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:03 am

I don't think it's in 50-60 but the game with the bus stops and people getting off was horrible. In 50-60 I'd definitely say Dinos and Interns.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 am

LSpleaseee wrote:I don't think it's in 50-60 but the game with the bus stops and people getting off was horrible. In 50-60 I'd definitely say Dinos and Interns.

This one was from just 2 years ago I think. Some people didn't have much of a problem, but I hated this game, along with Dinos I'd say the it's the most difficult of the last 4-5 years.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:07 am

Dinosaurs, definitely. I was well-practiced when I did it in PT60, so I managed to solve it, but it hurt my brain.

mst

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 am

For the 99% of americans not entirely versed in every shade of the color wheel, an average of 30 seconds per testtaker was spent wondering what the f a mauve dinosaur was and why the hell somebody would choose that specific type of dinosaur to put on a test when the other 3 colors were green, red, and yellow.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:14 am

Adjudicator wrote:Dinosaurs, definitely. I was well-practiced when I did it in PT60, so I managed to solve it, but it hurt my brain.

Dinosaurs wasn't on PT60? not trying to argue just wondering if you meant to say a different game or different PT

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:22 am

Dinosaurs was easy for me (on a PT not the real thing). I think it will really depend on what type of game YOU find hardest. I always thought the non-traditional games were easiest but that the advanced linear games were the hardest/most time consuming for me.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Dinosaurs, definitely. I was well-practiced when I did it in PT60, so I managed to solve it, but it hurt my brain.

Dinosaurs wasn't on PT60? not trying to argue just wondering if you meant to say a different game or different PT

It's all a blur to me at this point... I meant whichever one it was on.

Yeah... 57... I hated that whole test.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:26 am

AreJay711 wrote:Dinosaurs was easy for me (on a PT not the real thing). I think it will really depend on what type of game YOU find hardest. I always thought the non-traditional games were easiest but that the advanced linear games were the hardest/most time consuming for me.

YES! Exactly. Mulch, Dinos, etc. were EASY. But anything that requires lots of writing and complicated diagrams is so hard.

I especially like conditional games like the courses game in PT 59 because they don't require any diagramming at all, really, just drawing arrows. They don't test my (inability) to draw straight lines.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:40 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
gerbal wrote:What counts as recent? I'd probably say dinos if we're talking 50-60. I don't remember which PT it was on, but I remember some game having to do with music stores, old, new cds being the hardest for me out of all the games.

I hated that game. It's from PT 31 (June 2000).

I took that PT a couple of days ago. Ran out of time on the LG (which NEVER happens) because of that stupid question.

furrywalls

Postby furrywalls » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:48 am

Don't remember which test but I thought snakes/lizards was pretty tough. If PT 60 was the June '10 test then I got lucky and didn't struggle with those games (missed 1 on mulch for the whole section), however, if the experimental games section I had would have been the real deal I would be applying to different schools. I remember one game about air travel that really threw me off. Hope you guys don't get any of those or attack them better than I did.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:17 am

From one of the games in the 30s -- the stupid birds in the stupid forest. WTF is a shrike and why can't the stupid G birds get along with anyone?

Curry

Postby Curry » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:22 am

I actually found the games in PT 61 to be really really easy. They didn't give me any problems at all on test day. Games are ususally hit or miss for me - interns raped me, dinosaurs was okay, school busses was terrible, mulches was easy.

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:30 am

mst wrote:For the 99% of americans not entirely versed in every shade of the color wheel, an average of 30 seconds per testtaker was spent wondering what the f a mauve dinosaur was and why the hell somebody would choose that specific type of dinosaur to put on a test when the other 3 colors were green, red, and yellow.

Hahahahaha...man this and that silly avatar had me rolling ...

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 am

I actually really liked the dinos game. I took it before I knew it was supposed to be terrible, and it didn't give me any problems.

I did, however, have massive issues with the one about movies- not sure it was 50-60 though. Harvest, Greed, Limelight or something?

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:27 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I actually really liked the dinos game. I took it before I knew it was supposed to be terrible, and it didn't give me any problems.

I did, however, have massive issues with the one about movies- not sure it was 50-60 though. Harvest, Greed, Limelight or something?

I just did that 1 for the third time a few minutes ago! It was June 2007, and I didn't have too many problems even the first time. Game 3--about the Guadalupe, Trinidad, Martinique, and Jamaica--on the other hand....hate!

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:31 am

The invisibility game was the hardest I've ever seen.

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 am

I found dinos to be really easy but what I make up for in games I lack in RC. I would say be prepared for the rule replacement question types. They may only have 1-2 of these but 1-2 questions can make or break your score.

These types of questions are certainly more challenging than most.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”