What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

chalhou1
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby chalhou1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:58 pm

the Dinosaur game?

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby 2011Law » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:04 pm

haven't done 60 or 61 yet, but the dino game is the hardest that I've done since the 30s. The thing that gets me down is that I was doing so well on games from 43-56 or so, and then its just like I ran into a brick wall.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby Rand M. » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:07 pm

The dinosaur game gets my vote, since it derailed my first LSAT attempt. It came up in one of the early sections, and I didn't have a prayer of recovering after that.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby KevinP » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Image

CaneCrazy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:41 am

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby CaneCrazy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Dinosaur game hands down

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby 2011Law » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 pm

I realized I didn't properly describe how hard that one was for me. 19 and a half minutes and 1 question skipped. yeah.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 pm

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chalhou1
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby chalhou1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm

If someone knows was able to get only one question wrong on that, do you think they are set for the games on Saturday?

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby luckyme » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:18 pm

chalhou1 wrote:If someone knows was able to get only one question wrong on that, do you think they are set for the games on Saturday?


I -0 the dino game in 7 minutes and missed 5 on october LG section...I wouldn't say any particular game is an indicator of preparedness for the LG section

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby 2014 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:19 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I've read about a game in 60 having to do with mulch. I'm taking it tomorrow, so I'm not sure if it has drawn attention because it is difficult or just because people can't agree on what is the best solution for it.

Mulch is WAY easier than dinosaurs, it is just a unique game so those who had drilled expecting something familiar were a little freaked out by it I think.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby mst » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 pm

See my avatar.

But seriously, it really doesn't matter what the hardest was because there's just going to be certain tests that click with you and certain ones that don't.

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby d34d9823 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:22 pm

I thought Dinos and Interns were both very difficult.

Mulch wasn't bad, it just didn't fall into the prep companies' categories.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby arism87 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:23 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:I thought Dinos and Interns were both very difficult.

Mulch wasn't bad, it just didn't fall into the prep companies' categories.


+1000000. Almost every Q I missed was in this section. Games FTW

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:34 pm

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby bartleby » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Dinos. Mulch wasn't even the hardest on the exam.

I think the one with bus stops and passengers getting off was difficult also.

overunderachiever
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby overunderachiever » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:41 pm

dinos...mulch was easy for me after i reviewed it...i'm still lost on the dinos

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby LSAT Blog » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:00 pm

The dinosaur game.

--ImageRemoved--

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby ATR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Dinosaurs and the 3rd game on 61 (because I bombed it). Mulch wasn't hard, just different from anything I'd seen before.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby KevinP » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:02 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
2014 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I've read about a game in 60 having to do with mulch. I'm taking it tomorrow, so I'm not sure if it has drawn attention because it is difficult or just because people can't agree on what is the best solution for it.

Mulch is WAY easier than dinosaurs, it is just a unique game so those who had drilled expecting something familiar were a little freaked out by it I think.


I am suddenly looking forward to Mulch Madness.

Found a list of ugly games: http://moststronglysupported.com/blog/l ... -comeback/


I actually hope the games make a major comeback. Hard LG + Lenient Curve >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Easy LG + Tight Curve for people like me.

delusional
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby delusional » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 pm

KevinP wrote:I actually hope the games make a major comeback. Hard LG + Lenient Curve >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Easy LG + Tight Curve for people like me.

If my version is correct, the curve on the Dino game test was -10. Not great by any stretch.

I finished the Dino game section not ten minutes ago, for the fourth time. Game one in that section took me a record 3:35. I remembered the key to the dino game. I STILL took 37 minutes to finish the section. I am baffled at how they managed to get the Dinos through the experimental phase, and how anyone could have finished the "grants" game afterward, which wasn't easy either.

I also agree with the poster above re: harder LG sections of late. Last night and tonight I worked through the LG from 54,55,56, and 57. Across the first three which I had no conscious memory of, I got one wrong and finished them all in time, some within 30 minutes. But 57, as I just described, was hell. And when I did the full PTs of 58-59-60, I also didn't finish any in time, although they weren't as bad as Dinos.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby KevinP » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 am

delusional wrote:
KevinP wrote:I actually hope the games make a major comeback. Hard LG + Lenient Curve >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Easy LG + Tight Curve for people like me.

If my version is correct, the curve on the Dino game test was -10. Not great by any stretch.

I finished the Dino game section not ten minutes ago, for the fourth time. Game one in that section took me a record 3:35. I remembered the key to the dino game. I STILL took 37 minutes to finish the section. I am baffled at how they managed to get the Dinos through the experimental phase, and how anyone could have finished the "grants" game afterward, which wasn't easy either.

I also agree with the poster above re: harder LG sections of late. Last night and tonight I worked through the LG from 54,55,56, and 57. Across the first three which I had no conscious memory of, I got one wrong and finished them all in time, some within 30 minutes. But 57, as I just described, was hell. And when I did the full PTs of 58-59-60, I also didn't finish any in time, although they weren't as bad as Dinos.


Yeah, I think PT 57 was just an anomaly. 58-61 all had pretty decent curves with games increasing in difficulty. I think it at least partially contributed to the curve though I might be wrong. Let's just hope the new generous curve trend is here to stay for December.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:45 am

.
Last edited by 99.9luft on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby niederbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:51 am

Zephyr Airlines: 5/5

Interns: 4/5

Letters: 4/5 (PT 49, Game 2)

Dinos: 3/5

Courses (PT 59): 3/5

Mulch: 2/5

Average for all games 40-60: 2.5/5

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby niederbomb » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:02 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
2014 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I've read about a game in 60 having to do with mulch. I'm taking it tomorrow, so I'm not sure if it has drawn attention because it is difficult or just because people can't agree on what is the best solution for it.

Mulch is WAY easier than dinosaurs, it is just a unique game so those who had drilled expecting something familiar were a little freaked out by it I think.


I am suddenly looking forward to Mulch Madness.

Found a list of ugly games: http://moststronglysupported.com/blog/l ... -comeback/


Gotta love this list:

Top alternate careers chosen due to getting fuc*ed by the mauve dino game:

1. 792 Beautician (includes hair, nails, and skin workers)
2. 451 Stripper (excuse me, “dancer”)
3. 216 Pez factory assembly line worker
4. 173 Off-ramp florist
5. 89 Personal assistant to D-list actor, actress, model, or someone who claims to be a “producer”

gerbal
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:42 am

Re: What is the hardest game in the recent LSAT's?

Postby gerbal » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:26 am

What counts as recent? I'd probably say dinos if we're talking 50-60. I don't remember which PT it was on, but I remember some game having to do with music stores, old, new cds being the hardest for me out of all the games.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests