questions to those that took the real thing..

paulshortys10

questions to those that took the real thing..

Postby paulshortys10 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm

1. What time the did the test start. Basically how long did u wait from the time u got to the place til the time the test began.
2. Do they look diligently therough ur baggie/ pockets?
3.how long was the break? Exactly 10 mins?
4.what does the test look like? Is it in a booklet like the .pts we can buy? Do u get to have the bubble sheet apart from it, or do u have to scroll through pages everytime u want to bubble?
5. Lsac says u can take A snack...does that mean just 1? Or is 2 fine?..

2Serious4Numbers

Re: questions to those that took the real thing..

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Whatever you can fit in your bag you can eat / test booklet is the same / break was ~15 (proctor was chill) / they don't strip search you / started at 9:15 ... Yes I understand the answers are not in order

bloopyblooper

Postby bloopyblooper » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:1. What time the did the test start. Basically how long did u wait from the time u got to the place til the time the test began.
4.what does the test look like? Is it in a booklet like the .pts we can buy? Do u get to have the bubble sheet apart from it, or do u have to scroll through pages everytime u want to bubble?

1. 9:20ish
2. Case by case basis - it is possible. And honestly you should just follow the rules not only for moral reasons, but also because this is a high stakes game and you can get in huge trouble.
3. 15 mins
4. Just like the SATs. If you didn't take the SAT, then (a) it's not like the booklets we buy and (b) it's like a finer quality newspaper. We have a separate bubble sheet.
5. As many snacks as you can fit in your gallon bag.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:35 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:1. What time the did the test start. Basically how long did u wait from the time u got to the place til the time the test began.

About an hour after the time it said to be there on the ticket stub.
paulshortys10 wrote:2. Do they look diligently therough ur baggie/ pockets?

Not when I went. They slightly glanced over it.
paulshortys10 wrote:3.how long was the break? Exactly 10 mins?

Mine was about a bit over 10 mins... really depends on the proctors.
paulshortys10 wrote:4.what does the test look like? Is it in a booklet like the .pts we can buy?

Pages are really thin, almost see-through. Nothing to worry about.
paulshortys10 wrote:Do u get to have the bubble sheet apart from it, or
do u have to scroll through pages everytime u want to bubble?

The bubble sheet is on a separate piece of paper. The only negative of this is if you have a really small desk and hence not enough room to place both the test booklet and the bubble sheet.
paulshortys10 wrote:5. Lsac says u can take A snack...does that mean just 1? Or is 2 fine?..

Whatever you can fit in your ziplock bag.

Make sure not to bring ANY electronic devices at all. Some proctors are OK w/ you giving them the device upfront but they are technically supposed to report you for misconduct. Not worth the risk.

jpinjuv

Postby jpinjuv » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:37 pm

You do get a separate bubble sheet though, you don't have to flip through the book to bubble every time.

Also, I live in a big city, and there were a BUNCH of people taking the test where i was. I showed up at 8:30 and got in the back of a big line to sign in. They used multiple rooms for the test, so the start time just depended when the room was full. I think some people started before nine while some probably didn't start until after 9:30.

Postby 2014 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:37 pm

1. It was after 10 before mine started.
2. No. If you are caught with something though goodbye law school so don't bother.
3. 15 I believe, but everyone was standing around awkwardly well before they called us back in.
4. Bubble sheet separate. It's a booklet, but not with the nice cover like you get on PTs, it's more like newspaper consistency.
5. 2 would be fine. I had 2 granola bars.

you_were_driving

Postby you_were_driving » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 pm

I've taken the LSAT twice now at the same place and will be there again next saturday

1st time
1) >10
2) I'm pretty sure I saw girls with purses in there, I know for a fact there was at-least one cellphone because I had the pleasure of hearing it during LGs
3) close to 15, probably longer
4) already covered
5) I more than likely could have gotten away with walking down the street to grab lunch.

2nd time
1) Around 9:15
2) two or three proctors walking around checking bags after giving out seat assignments (also a new addition from the previous administration) also checking ids in the room after already being fingerprinted
3) 15 on the dot, they had us line up at the door to re-enter much like after recces in grammar school

hopefully next week will be a healthy medium between the two.

DieAntwoord

Postby DieAntwoord » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:43 pm

Test IS see-through and its on recycled paper. The latter of which threw me off. :D

And dont forget to bring a small cow bell that you have to ring after ever answer you bubble in, in order for it to be credited.

RefleX

Postby RefleX » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:12 am

I think it'll be better with sheets instead of booklets. I swear they hinder my performance because they annoy the hell out of me.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:31 am

Taken it at 3 diff test centers. The first 2 times I got in line around 8.15 and once they checked us in and assigned our rooms it was pretty fast. 9:00 am start.
The 3rd time I got there at 8.15 but they took forever to check us in, then they took forever to do the directions, wouldnt let people use the restroom (after being in room but before starting exam). Didn't start til 9.45

2. Do they look diligently through ur baggie/ pockets?
They look at the baggie. No pockets or anything. But if they see u with a cell (even on the break etc) you're toast.

15..waited for people to get back from bathroom. My advice is eat first then use the bathroom before returning to the test (the line is shorter at the end of the break)

Separate bubble sheet. The test is printed on really shitty low quality paper. I'm used to it but might be a little weird if you are used to PT booklets/your own printer paper.

5. Lsac says u can take A snack...does that mean just 1? Or is 2 fine?
Whatever you can fit inside a gallon ziplock. (your ID/money/keys/waterbottle/snack etc will all be in there). That said you can easily fit a sandwhich, small bottle, garnola bar, etc in there. I wouldn't suggest eating TOO much during the break though lol. Just enough to pump some energy into yourself and keep going.

Good luck.

tng11

Postby tng11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:36 am

Last edited by tng11 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emeth!

Postby Emeth! » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:49 am

1. When I took it at a hotel with 200+ people - 2 hours after, when i took it a college w/ 30ish - 30 mins
2. no
3.hotel = really long, college = 10 mins
4.its seperate,
5. 2s fine, I took 4 pumpkin cookies the 2nd time i did it -not sure if that counts as one snack.

Shrimps

Postby Shrimps » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 pm

4. The bubble sheet is a separate (and much thicker) piece of paper. One thing I noticed - going back and forth between the booklet and the bubble sheet, finding the space and then putting the bubble sheet away can take more than a coupla seconds, which can eat up more than a minute for a section. Answering questions in batches: a complete RC passage, or a complete game or two pages of the LR section, and then transferring them onto the bubble sheet several at a time could shave off about 30-40 seconds off your time. This, however, carries an increased risk of accidentally missing a question and then getting all your answers off by 1, i.e. completely wrong. So do this only if you can keep aware of this risk and always double check what q# you're bubbling in.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm

1-3 depend on your proctors. 4-5 have already been covered.

1. We were told to get there at 8:30, and the test started at something like 8:45. It was ridiculous how quickly they got us going. I don't think I was mentally prepared for the speed involved.
2. No, not at all.
3. 15 minutes.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:00 pm

1. Got in my seat at 8 25. Door locked at 835. First section started at 9 15.
2. YEs they looked at the bag.
3. Break was 15 minutes.
4. Its in a booklet. The pages are very thin, and its easy to tear or smear. You get a seperate bubble sheet.
5. You can eat as many snacks as you want, as long as they fit in the bag

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”