LG: how to determine when to set up frames, or scenarios

epark84

LG: how to determine when to set up frames, or scenarios

Postby epark84 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm having difficulty determining when I should use frames (when you set up all of the variables in a few limited scenarios). There are certain games that appear to have a few limited possibilities, which I try to set up in a few frames, only to see that there are more possibilities than I anticipated. Other times, I overlook the opportunity to use frames, and move right into the game, moving through the game very slowly.

Either way it seems that I'm wasting valuable time. Are there any indicators for when it may be good to try and create frames, and when to just jump into the game?

Unshake

Re: LG: how to determine when to set up frames, or scenarios

Postby Unshake » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:31 pm

I don't think it's a waste of time to try to create frames, you still get a good feel of how the variables fit together even if it doesn't yield templates.

For me, it becomes pretty obvious after 15-30 seconds of work if making templates is going to help or not. Usually on overloaded games its harder to solve.

If a rule is especially restrictive I always place it try to find templates. For example if a game has 1 or 2 block rules and a placed variable already or a game has a couple if x not y rules and has only two groups it makes for easy templates.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”