Burn out feels like I cant go on what now?

flannelman

Burn out feels like I cant go on what now?

Postby flannelman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:52 am

Started doing a section and it took me like 35 min to get to the 9th problem I guess I was just spacing out. And I got almost all of them wrong!!! So I called it a fluke and started a PT and got to like problem 12 and just could not go forward any more. I have stopped and am realizing I must have what I keep hearing people call burn out. I feel like I hit a wall. But I'm freaking out at the same time, I have so much more to do. I guess I should go take a break and try to unwind (I don't know how thats possible) and hope that helps. But if I do for how long? I don't feel like I can afford even an hour off. Anyone else get a bad case and solve it?

suggestions?!!!?

Curry

Re: Burn out feels like I cant go on what now?

Postby Curry » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:56 am

Take a break today and tomorrow. No LSAT related stuff at all. Don't even come on TLS.

granato

Postby granato » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:02 am

Think about how important this test is, freak out about the thought of going to a TTT and being poor, and then study again for 2 hours straight so you feel better about yourself. Works for me. j/k...kinda...not really

Getting good sleep helps me a lot. Not that 6 hr tossing and turning stuff but 4 advil p.m. type sleep.

almostthereee

Postby almostthereee » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:54 am

Rest a day and recharge the batteries. And yah, don't look at ANYTHING LSAT related. I'm serious... not a single problem. Back in Oct I encountered the same freak out. Took a day "off" but in reality I ended up drilling a LG that day. Guess what? The burnout didn't go away, I struggled through the LG and the next day it felt like I didn't even rest at all. Let your mind breathe, one day rest will not drop your score by 5 points.

bee's vision

Postby bee's vision » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:58 pm

my biggest mistake was not taking more days off in the week(s) leading up to the test. There comes a point when you're just doing more harm than good. Besides you can only absorb so much information in a day.

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 pm

TLS having some tech issues should be taken as a sign. You are burnt out and need to take today and tomorrow off. Go out, have fun ( and have some drinks) and unwind. Come back on Sunday, and do some timed section work. With a week to go until game day, you need to be mentally fresh and prepared. Right now you know the tricks of the trade, but your mind is tired ( especially if you are studying for finals on top of this).

If by thursday you still dont feel up to it- dont go on saturday. Sign up for Feb and relax!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”