Can law schools view the actual test?

jwzp

Can law schools view the actual test?

Postby jwzp » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Re: Can law schools view the actual test?

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:41 pm

jwzp wrote:Do any of you know if adcoms are able to view applicant LSAT answer sheets? That is, does LSAC give them the ability to review each applicant's actual test, or do they just get the writing sample and the score?

Just curious.

I'm pretty sure they just get the writing sample and the score. Why would it matter though? they're not going to ding you for sloppy bubbling :lol:.

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Knock wrote:
jwzp wrote:Do any of you know if adcoms are able to view applicant LSAT answer sheets? That is, does LSAC give them the ability to review each applicant's actual test, or do they just get the writing sample and the score?

Just curious.

I'm pretty sure they just get the writing sample and the score. Why would it matter though? they're not going to ding you for sloppy bubbling :lol:.

What if you ace the LR and LG section but -27 on the RC section. That would be something law schools might be curious about.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Nonok wrote:
Knock wrote:

Just curious.

What if you ace the LR and LG section but -27 on the RC section. That would be something law schools might be curious about.

+ 1. I'm also somewhat curious about this.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:59 pm

why would they want to see it? Does it really make a difference which section you did better /worse?

There are multiple versions of the test. I think it would take too long for them to figure out each persons test results by section. Perhaps they spend most of their time reading in between the lines of our personal essays, trying to figure out what we are really saying, and why. Or maybe they are trying to psychoanalyze each and every one of us with the essays? hummmmmmm

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 pm

northwood wrote:why would they want to see it? Does it really make a difference which section you did better /worse?

There are multiple versions of the test. I think it would take too long for them to figure out each persons test results by section. Perhaps they spend most of their time reading in between the lines of our personal essays, trying to figure out what we are really saying, and why. Or maybe they are trying to psychoanalyze each and every one of us with the essays? hummmmmmm

It wouldnt be hard to have a criteria for admission based on section performance. For example, they could say if you miss more than 12 on the RC section, then its an auto decline.

That being said, I highly doubt any school does this and doubt that LSAC sends anything to schools besides the scores and the writing section.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:46 pm

This sounds like wayyy way too much effort for both LSAC and admissions.

Interesting thoughts though!

RIPmitchhedberg

Postby RIPmitchhedberg » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I actually called LSAC and asked them about this, and they said that if the adcoms want to see it, they can access it.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:I actually called LSAC and asked them about this, and they said that if the adcoms want to see it, they can access it.

What? Really? That's exactly the opposite of what I was about to say.

Well, take comfort in the fact that no adcoms do. I'd be surprised if anyone could come up with a verifiable instance in which this has ever happened. They just don't put that kind of time into reviewing any one application.

jwzp

Postby jwzp » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:46 pm

With thousands of applications to review, I highly doubt most admissions people look at anything beyond the writing sample( if they have questions about your personal essay) and raw score. It could be a tie breaker, but I would guess it would be far far far down on the list.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:03 pm

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:I actually called LSAC and asked them about this, and they said that if the adcoms want to see it, they can access it.

Leave it to TLS to call and ask : ) I can't believe they'd ever look at a test like that, though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”