Reading Comp question trend?

marsilni

Reading Comp question trend?

Postby marsilni » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:48 pm

It seems like RC questions/answers have been trending towards the more abstract; many more questions that pose hypothetical situations or answers that are very abstract interpretations of sentences from the passage. Anyone agree or am I going crazy? Seems like in the past they were more straightforward.

dpk711

Re: Reading Comp question trend?

Postby dpk711 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 pm

marsilni wrote:It seems like RC questions/answers have been trending towards the more abstract; many more questions that pose hypothetical situations or answers that are very abstract interpretations of sentences from the passage. Anyone agree or am I going crazy? Seems like in the past they were more straightforward.

+1

almostthereee

Postby almostthereee » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes they require a lot more analyzing now IMO. That's what makes the newer RC's a lot harder to me... you need to grasp more of the petty details and analyze from there rather than "LOL U SERIOUS? B is the ONLY logical choice..."

marsilni

Postby marsilni » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:51 pm

If a sentence from the passage reads, "the Smith Company charged far more for their services than did the Jones Company," an answer choice for a must be true question might read something like, "clients of the Jones Company are not charged the highest price for services rendered among comparable companies."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”