How to improve RC on LG

niederbomb

How to improve RC on LG

Postby niederbomb » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 am

EDIT: The last 7 LG sections I've done were PT30, PT 31, PT 32, PT 33, June 2007, Superprep B, and Superprep C. 17-19 on all of them. Maybe these are exceptionally hard?

I was wondering why I rarely break the 19 barrier on LG. I usually make all the key inferences (when I look at Atlas explanations, etc). I've done hundreds of games. I've implemented the LG Bible and the Atlas guide for some game types.

Here's the problem: I have to constantly reread the rules, or I forget them. I have to read and reread the answer choices and the questions very slowly, or I make tons of errors. I rarely finish a game section in 35 minutes unless I've done it before and, consequently, remember some of the rules.

I don't seem to have a lot of problems with RC or LR (-1 is not unheard of for either). So why would reading comprehension kill me on LG? How to improve it?

Since I CAN get to 170 without the 4th game, should I just plan on doing 3 games, getting them all right, and focus all my energy on RC and LR during the next two weeks?
Last edited by niederbomb on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

sophia.olive

Re: How to improve RC on LG

Postby sophia.olive » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:15 am

niederbomb wrote:I was wondering why I rarely break the 19 barrier on LG. I usually make all the key inferences (when I look at Atlas explanations, etc). I've done hundreds of games. I've implemented the LG Bible and the Atlas guide for some game types.

Here's the problem: I have to constantly reread the rules, or I forget them. I have to read and reread the answer choices and the questions very slowly, or I make tons of errors. I rarely finish a game section in 35 minutes unless I've done it before and, consequently, remember some of the rules.

I don't seem to have a lot of problems with RC or LR (-1 is not unheard of for either). So why would reading comprehension kill me on LG? How to improve it?

Since I CAN get to 170 without the 4th game, should I just plan on doing 3 games, getting them all right, and focus all my energy on RC and LR during the next two weeks?

no, postpone the test until you are perfect on lg

niederbomb

Re: How to improve RC on LG

Postby niederbomb » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 am

no, postpone the test until you are perfect on lg

That's unlikely to happen. I've already taken the LSAT once. I've been studying for 3 months and haven't significantly improved on LG since finishing the LG Bible the first time.

But I HAVE improved a lot on LR and a little on RC, so I don't think my review strategy is flawed. I'm just an LG retard.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”