Preptest 51, Section 1, Question 9 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cp16

New

Preptest 51, Section 1, Question 9

Post by cp16 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm having some difficulty with this question and was wondering if anybody could help. I can narrow it down to choices D and E but they both look correct to me. If an action is morally good if it both achieves the agents intended goal and benefits someone other than the agent, then an action that does not meet one or both of these requirements would not be morally good correct? The reasoning in choice D appears to be sound. Louisa failed to achieve her intended goal so her action was not morally good. I would appreciate it if somebody could fill me in on what I'm missing. Thanks

2011Law

Silver

Re: Preptest 51, Section 1, Question 9

Post by 2011Law » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:13 pm

The prompt only discuses one way an action can be morally good. If it said "only if" instead of "if", then D would be correct, but for all we know intending to harm someone and not getting away with it is a morally good action, thus D is eliminated.

cp16

New

Re: Preptest 51, Section 1, Question 9

Post by cp16 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess my logic is just a bit off. Makes sense now that you explain it. Just seems like a bit of an odd questions cause I haven't come across anything quite like it yet.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”