How much overlap between LG Bible & LR Bible?

ComatoseClown

How much overlap between LG Bible & LR Bible?

Postby ComatoseClown » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:02 pm

How much overlap is there between these two bibles? LR Bible is the first LSAT prep book I've bought, but after reading a few posts I think this might have been a mistake.

Is it a lot more conducive to study the LG Bible first, and then proceed to the LR Bible?

Sandro

Re: How much overlap between LG Bible & LR Bible?

Postby Sandro » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:19 pm

LR bible teaches you strategies for attacking LR problems. LG bible teaches you about LG questions - how can they overlap? Sure both might have a formal logic section, but I don't see how anyone could say getting to one or the other first is a bad thing....

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Sandro's right. There's some overlap (conditional reasoning, timing suggestions, general info on the LSAT etc.) but it's very minimal.

Unless you are already scoring -0 to -2 on the LG section, then you should drop $$$ on the LG Bible.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:20 pm

and to add on to that, the LR bible will even help you somewhat with RC now that they are making it more LR like, not a whole lot but the LR bible covers 50%+ of the test while the LG bible is less than 25%.

youknowryan

Postby youknowryan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Sandro777 wrote:and to add on to that, the LR bible will even help you somewhat with RC now that they are making it more LR like, not a whole lot but the LR bible covers 50%+ of the test while the LG bible is less than 25%.

Agreed. I own all 3 and the RC Bible was only somewhat useful (I would have figured out just about everything in it on my own) given that I had really mastered the LR Bible material before hand. OTOH the LR and LG Bibles are great complements. I did LG first and its more straight-forward conditional reasoning helped paved the way for LR being more understandable.

cartman44

Postby cartman44 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”