June 1997 Easy? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RefleX

New

June 1997 Easy?

Post by RefleX » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Is the June 1997 much easier than others, because I just jumped from a 158 from two weeks ago to a 168.... with only -2 in RC, which was my weak point. I don't really think it was a fluke either, maybe the RC section but who knows. I read more actively this time and didn't stress myself out as much.

Stats go as follows

RC: -2
LR1: -4
LG: -4
LR2: -5

Hopefully I can keep it up.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Re: June 1997 Easy?

Post by DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:25 pm

1997 seems a bit old...what preptest is that...in the 20's?

that is not a good gauge of how the LSAT is today...i personally would not dip below #40, but i dont/didnt take that many preptests either...so maybe adjust and say dont go below 30?

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:29 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:1997 seems a bit old...what preptest is that...in the 20's?

that is not a good gauge of how the LSAT is today...i personally would not dip below #40, but i dont/didnt take that many preptests either...so maybe adjust and say dont go below 30?
I'm just going in order of the PTs in the books but I'll push for the more recent ones. The one I took before was December 1996 so I'm not too far off and I scored either a 156 or 158 depending on the scale, so I definitely know I made improvement (for the time period lol). RC to me seems like a fluke but it could be slightly offset by the odd LGs in the test. I'm taking in December so I don't have that many more tests to do. The RC and LR didn't seem much different at all in comparison to the newer ones, just LG.

almostthereee

New

Post by almostthereee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Much applause for the great work! However, I take PTs that old with a grain of salt. RC sections back then were simply easier IMHO. I scored higher on older PTs as well and also like you largely due to the RC. Passages are denser and the questions/answers are lot harder to choose between on the newer PTs. I wouldn't trust any PT's lower than 49 or 48 to be a reliable gauge of current RC conditions.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:33 pm

RefleX wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:1997 seems a bit old...what preptest is that...in the 20's?

I'm just going in order of the PTs in the books but I'll push for the more recent ones. The one I took before was December 1996 so I'm not too far off and I scored either a 156 or 158 depending on the scale, so I definitely know I made improvement (for the time period lol). RC to me seems like a fluke but it could be slightly offset by the odd LGs in the test. I'm taking in December so I don't have that many more tests to do. The RC and LR didn't seem much different at all in comparison to the newer ones, just LG.
wait, if you're taking the LSAT soon, you definitely should only be working on the most recent LSAT preptests...or else you're going to be surprised (pleasantly) for the LG section and surprised (unpleasantly) for the RC haha

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Okay cool, it seemed a bit off. So realistically maybe I'm somewhere in the 164-165 range after that PT, give RC and the fact that the LGs were odd in this one, at least one of them that is.

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:36 pm

DoubleChecks wrote: wait, if you're taking the LSAT soon, you definitely should only be working on the most recent LSAT preptests...or else you're going to be surprised (pleasantly) for the LG section and surprised (unpleasantly) for the RC haha
I'll definitely skip this book and move on to the next one. I'll do 34-38 in the next two weeks while reading the LR Bible. If anything, it was a big confidence boost. As long as I don't drop to drastically moving up to the 30's, I should be okay.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:08 pm

You should take some PT's in the 50's. I didn't see a HUGE difference but according to many taking the PT's in the 50's can be a rude awakening. Also, the 50's RC has the comparative passages and you definitely want to practice those before you get to the actual test.

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah I've taken two of the 50's, I think one from 07 and one from 08. I've done some comparative reading passages and actually do a bit better on them. I think my problem was that each time I took them I wasn't proficient in something and it got my confidence down while taking a test. When you knew you were scoring around 50% on RC and LG, what's the point haha. I definitely got a big confidence boost from LG though, I consider them almost a break in the PT now. I enjoy doing them.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

RefleX wrote:Yeah I've taken two of the 50's, I think one from 07 and one from 08. I've done some comparative reading passages and actually do a bit better on them. I think my problem was that each time I took them I wasn't proficient in something and it got my confidence down while taking a test. When you knew you were scoring around 50% on RC and LG, what's the point haha. I definitely got a big confidence boost from LG though, I consider them almost a break in the PT now. I enjoy doing them.
I feel ya on the proficiency thing. Sounds like you're on the right track though, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”