Lizzie's Feb 2011 LSAT Study Progress

queenlizzie13

Lizzie's Feb 2011 LSAT Study Progress

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm

So, in an effort to get off the WL at UVA, I have decided to take the LSAT again to try and score a 170+. I will be tracking my progress here and will also post my study plan here. I plan to take 5 section PTs, instead of the 4 I was doing in June. I will be using the LR Bible and the LG Bible as well as Kaplan Mastery.

Background:
For June, I was PTing between 164 - 166, and got one 170 before the actual test where I received a lowly 161. I took about 10 PTs before June as I was taking a class. I plan to take double that for February.

I thought games got me the first time around, but it was more thinking that I did bad at games that caused me to do horrible on sections 4 and 5. I missed 9 on the 5th section (double all the other sections) - so that made me think it was a stamina issue as well.

Study Plan: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=twj6f1U6YRBiZ1a1xzlnBbw#gid=0
PT Progress: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t3SO-h_pj9Ucy7YBSmmEttQ&hl=en#gid=0

Feel free to comment on the study plan and make suggestions. I would say my strongest section is definitely games...so I definitely need to work on RC/LR more this time around.

If I score high enough, I might wait to apply again next cycle to more T14 ranked schools. At the moment I applied to a lot in the 20s-40s range. I really want to go to law school in VA/DC area though I wouldn't mind CA if it meant I would be going to USC/Cal (my two dream schools for undergrad)

Initial Diagnostic for the LSAT was a 152.

slamp

Re: Lizzie's Feb 2011 LSAT Study Progress

Postby slamp » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:30 pm

In re the study plan, I would simply suggest that you cram more work into the last full weekend you have prior to the test. Personally, I found it best to cram, cram, cram, then take about 2 days off. About 3 hours prior to the test, before driving to the testing site, I sat down and did a full LG section. It reminded me that I knew what I was doing right before heading into the real deal.

After that, everything just flowed.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:25 am

I like the spreadsheets. I had one just like them for October. It definitely kept me motivated when I first started studying. Something about sharing updates with this forum kept me studying hard the whole time.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... hJ8L#gid=0

I didn't get quite the score I wanted (didn't sleep at all the night before), but I can say my spreadsheet definitely helped. Good luck :)

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:55 am

Thanks guys! I think TLS will really help me stay on track.

I took my first PT today in months...163 (5 section test). I did miss only -2 on the experimental (Prep Test 42 LR Section 4). I think that is one of the lowest I have ever gotten for LR. So at least I have somewhat of a base to start off on and did not completely forget everything... I updated the spreadsheet, as I will continue to do as I track my progress.

I will probably post when I need help on something, or to be excited if I start doing much better. I think reviewing the tests will help...definitely did not do that enough before June as I had yet to find this forum!

Tired tonight...will definitely be reviewing this test all day tomorrow. I want to see some of the stupid errors I made.

Edit: Blah... I'm looking through the test and right now, I am reviewing the games section. So far, two dumb errors. I probably should have had a -0 on this section, as is my normal. I was rushing I think...and I had 5 minutes left after I was done. I should have gone back and checked over my answers.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:38 am

Prep Test 44 Today:

I must say that self-study so far is working a lot better than those classes where I felt a lot of time was wasted...
I scored a 169 today, the highest since I scored that 170 before June. So I even in just a short amount of time, I feel that I am getting closer. I spent around 4-5 hours just reviewing Prep Test 44 and already I cleaned up some of the errors I was making on this next test.

I was -6 on LR, -2 on LG (should probably be -0!), and -3 on RC.

I think if I am able to get LR down to missing 2-3 and RC to 2-3 per test, and LG down to 0 then I should be good to go come February. I know I will probably go down on the actual thing as is normal for me, so I want to be scoring consistently in the 174-176 range before February.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:19 am

awesome.

i scored 163 in october after prepping a few points higher; depending on where i get in this cycle i'll decide if i'm going to retake. i hate re-prepping for this darn test, but it might end up being worth it. good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”