Seattle University Test Center

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Seattle University Test Center

Postby KevinP » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey guys... I took the the LSAT at SU in October and enjoyed it but that was in the law center w/ the big desks, no noise, and awesome lighting. However, I've just received an email that i've been reassigned to Campion Ballroom.... anyone know how it will be like? It would be bullshit if it is smalldesks and noise. Thanks for your time.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Seattle University Test Center

Postby NZA » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:26 pm

KevinP wrote:Hey guys... I took the the LSAT at SU in October and enjoyed it but that was in the law center w/ the big desks, no noise, and awesome lighting. However, I've just received an email that i've been reassigned to Campion Ballroom.... anyone know how it will be like? It would be bullshit if it is smalldesks and noise. Thanks for your time.


Boy, do I. ;)

Campion Ballroom is located inside Campion Hall, a dorm. It's a twelve-story residence hall, and the ballroom is located to the left as you enter the Hall. I used to live there.

Honestly, you probably will be sitting at long fold-out tables with folding chairs or some such. When I took the LSAT in Sep 2009, we were located in the law building and it was glorious. A bit noisy, since we were right next to the lower mall of campus.

Anyway, back to Campion: I honestly can't tell you what to expect. It's fairly isolated from the dorm area, so you probably won't get a lot of noise. Plus, most of the students will be asleep or quietly nursing hangovers, anyway.

The only downside I could see would be the fact that the ballroom is fairly large. You'll have to deal with the noise of all the other test takers, as opposed to just forty or fifty kids in a law school lecture room. In any case, I guarantee this will still beat taking the test at that lecture hall at UW.

I hear that the other testing center (at SCCC?) is pretty nice, though.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Seattle University Test Center

Postby KevinP » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:43 pm

^ Thanks for the reply, definitely made me feel better. My real concern was a small desk... the very first time I took it (this will be my 3rd attempt) was on a small desk and it was really an inconvenience...

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Seattle University Test Center

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I can't speak about Seattle U, but I took the test at Everett Community College and it was awesome. Each person got his own table, tables that normally seat 2 people.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Seattle University Test Center

Postby NZA » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I can't speak about Seattle U, but I took the test at Everett Community College and it was awesome. Each person got his own table, tables that normally seat 2 people.


That's probably the other school I heard they administer the test at...that sounds nice! Nice avi, too, by the way. :)

Thanks for the reply, definitely made me feel better. My real concern was a small desk... the very first time I took it (this will be my 3rd attempt) was on a small desk and it was really an inconvenience...


Did you take it at UW? I forget the name of the place...McCarn hall? McSomething? Here's a photo of the ballroom, to give you an idea of its size:

--LinkRemoved--

There are no desks there, so they'll have to bring them in. Lots of space! Hopefully lots of tables, too.

Anyway, good luck on the test! I'm sure you'll do fine. :) Did you take a test prep class with Steven Klein, God of the LSAT?

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Seattle University Test Center

Postby KevinP » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:53 pm

NZA wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I can't speak about Seattle U, but I took the test at Everett Community College and it was awesome. Each person got his own table, tables that normally seat 2 people.


That's probably the other school I heard they administer the test at...that sounds nice! Nice avi, too, by the way. :)

Thanks for the reply, definitely made me feel better. My real concern was a small desk... the very first time I took it (this will be my 3rd attempt) was on a small desk and it was really an inconvenience...


Did you take it at UW? I forget the name of the place...McCarn hall? McSomething? Here's a photo of the ballroom, to give you an idea of its size:

--LinkRemoved--

There are no desks there, so they'll have to bring them in. Lots of space! Hopefully lots of tables, too.

Anyway, good luck on the test! I'm sure you'll do fine. :) Did you take a test prep class with Steven Klein, God of the LSAT?


I didn't take the test the first time at UW, I took it at a location closer to home. Also, all of my study have been self-prep so I didn't take Steven Klein... but I've heard some good stories about him. Thx for the pic. Good luck to you as well if you are taking the test in December.

fosterp
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 am

Re: Seattle University Test Center

Postby fosterp » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 am

I got the same notification. Stupid how I signed up for a longer drive to get a better reviewed center and now I can't change it to a closer location once they pull a fast one.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greenteachurro, qemini1594 and 3 guests