Pure Sequencing Games

bee's vision

Pure Sequencing Games

Postby bee's vision » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm finding that I spend a disproportionate amount of time on pure sequencing games (10+ minutes). Are they supposed to take a little longer? If not, I don't find them difficult so I'm guessing that there's something wrong with my approach which is a slight variation from LGB. I tend to make a few hypotheticals in the beginning so maybe that's it, but it seems like that allows me to attack the question more quickly. Has anyone found a faster/better method for these games?

CurlyKat

Re: Pure Sequencing Games

Postby CurlyKat » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:36 pm

I used to have the same problem as you.. and it usually cost me few questions at the end of the sections due to time running out. Someone here on the forum recommended the Atlas approach- I didn't buy the book for games, only RC and LR, so I'm not sure how they are with other games, but I downloaded the first chapter or so from their website and the sequencing games are covered there.. (maybe not completely, but it was enough to understand their technique) and I found I can now finish the games in under 5 minutes! Basically the difference is in using lines in stead of >< signs and a few minor changes to the LGB approach, but it makes it a lot clearer. Hope this helps.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Sequencing games are typically simple, so I would waste time doing any hypos at all. Just plug and chug. Don't stop to think. I can usually do in these in about 5 minutes, and that gives me spare time for the tougher games. Keep drilling. 10 minutes is WAY too long for this type of game.

I think hypos and deductions are much more important for complicated games. If a game is very straightforward, just hurry the f up.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Atlas's method for sequencing is better than PS imo. Quicker and easier to use.

bee's vision

Postby bee's vision » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:49 pm

I checked out the free chapter of Atlas LG definitely a lot more intuitive than PS sequencing. Just finished a game in 6 min with it. Thanks guys.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”