Am I screwed? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chalhou1

Bronze

Am I screwed?

Post by chalhou1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:12 pm

I took the October test, 158 and would like to boost up to the low to mid 160s. Just finished reading the bibles and the atlas RC book. I feel like I;m doing better on the practice LR questions but have yet to take any practice tests.

I feel like I'm running out of time. Should I just start taking practice tests? or continue practicing one section a day? Also do I have enough time?

runningzigzag

New

Re: Am I screwed?

Post by runningzigzag » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Take a practice test now and just see where you stand.

chalhou1

Bronze

Post by chalhou1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Any idea which practice test would be most indicative of where I am currently? Took all the 2008 practice tests for october

runningzigzag

New

Post by runningzigzag » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:20 pm

I took PT 59 tonight myself. I didn't score very well, but I needed to see where I stood and to see if I needed to move my test date (and I did move it). I was actually answering the questions correctly, but I would run out of time...I realized that speed was my main issue. If I can get speed down, I'll do very well.

I only did PT 59 because I felt that I should do something recent to see where I stood. And I felt that it was very accurate for me.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:46 am

Any idea which practice test would be most indicative of where I am currently? Took all the 2008 practice tests for october
Yes, PT 55 is the worst PT ever. Take it and see how you do on Willa Cather especially. Or maybe that is in 2008?

If so, 60 is the next worst PT ever.

ams

New

Post by ams » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 pm

I would take a practice test ASAP. Any one in the 50's will do, although yes, some are harder or easier than others. I wouldn't say you are screwed yet, but I would buckle down these last few weeks if at all possible. I would recommend taking 3 PTs per week until the test. After the PT, or the next day, go over your missed answers at a slower pace and write out exactly why you got answers wrong and why the credited response was correct. On days you don't take a PT, do timed sections, focusing on whatever is your weakest area. But also don't neglect where you are strong (so don't focus on one section so intently that you slip in the others). I think you still have a chance to get where you want to be, but it will take a lot of work over the next several weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”