I'm scheduled to take Feb LSAT...

runningzigzag

I'm scheduled to take Feb LSAT...

Postby runningzigzag » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 pm

I have 12 weeks to score a 160+ on the actual exam...

I just took a practice test and didn't do well...but I realized immediately what my mistakes were...I was perfect on everything that I slowed down and took my time to read and go over. Then I would start to guess on the rest of the questions, because the clock was winding down...and thats when the missed questions begun.

Basically, if I can get my speed up I will do very well on this test, because I am acing most of the questions...but I just need to speed it up.

Any advice on how to get my speed up? Like I said, sky is limit if I can do this.

P.S. I work around 35 hrs a week and I'm willing to not have a life until this exam is out of the way.

Thanks in advance!

northwood

Re: I'm scheduled to take Feb LSAT...

Postby northwood » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 pm

drill question types. drill timed section practice, and do 5 section prep tests.

there is plenty of time to speed up. focus on accuracy right now, and the speed will naturally come.

runningzigzag

Postby runningzigzag » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:50 pm

That sounds good...I will try that.

Where can I find 5 section practice tests? I took PT 59 and it had only 4 sections...I never bother doing the essay--I have that down pat already.

P.S. Is it bad that I used PT 59 as my diagnostic? I figured I should test myself against something fairly recent.

ams

Postby ams » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Just stick a section from an earlier PT in. If you're doing PT 56, just stick another section of say, PT 19 in there. I would start doing 6-section tests after you do 5-sections for a few weeks. If you practice with 6, 5 will feel like a breeze.

With 3 months left you have plenty of time to get your timing under control. Just drill, drill, drill for LG and RC (use older sections that won't be part of your PTs, or go through the PT sections again a couple weeks after you take the test). If you're running out of time on LR, you might want to go back and refresh yourself on question types and re-read the bible.

You don't say what you got on your diagnostic, but if you feel like your accuracy is good now, you will be in good shape if you keep working on the timing. You have time to do lots of PTs--do a bare minimum of 10--you have time for 20+.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:07 pm

If timing is your issue, I would say sections of PTs are more important than full-length PTs. Full-length PTs help with endurance. You're working on timing. First, find lots of sections of PTs and hit those; then once you have timing under control, work on endurance.

runningzigzag

Postby runningzigzag » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:09 pm

My diagnostic score wasn't anything to really brag about...like I said, I would get questions correct and then I would start to run out of time and began rushing (thus the errors). I just really feel that my speed is an issue at this point--I'm moving too slow.

ams wrote:Just stick a section from an earlier PT in. If you're doing PT 56, just stick another section of say, PT 19 in there. I would start doing 6-section tests after you do 5-sections for a few weeks. If you practice with 6, 5 will feel like a breeze.

With 3 months left you have plenty of time to get your timing under control. Just drill, drill, drill for LG and RC (use older sections that won't be part of your PTs, or go through the PT sections again a couple weeks after you take the test). If you're running out of time on LR, you might want to go back and refresh yourself on question types and re-read the bible.

You don't say what you got on your diagnostic, but if you feel like your accuracy is good now, you will be in good shape if you keep working on the timing. You have time to do lots of PTs--do a bare minimum of 10--you have time for 20+.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”