PT 57 Easy?

guinness

PT 57 Easy?

Postby guinness » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I just got my best PT score ever on PT 57 (5 section experimental thanks to Cambridge LSAT PDFs). I was very careful to not go over any section by a single second and went LG -7 (thanks to -5 on Dinos), LR 1 -7, LR 2 -1, RC -2. I found the RC and 2nd LR to especially be very easy. How does this compare to recent tests?

DrackedaryMaster

Re: PT 57 Easy?

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:44 pm

I'd have to say other than LG it was an easier test than the other recent ones. Out of 86+ LR sections, LR2 of PT57 was the only one I ever got a -0 on. RC was really good (-3), and the other LR was typical for me (-5). Overall, got a 171 on PT57 and was averaging PTs in the 165-167 range, so it was a favorable test, but mainly due to the fact that the LG wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. On the real test day, I got a 163, but don't let that scare you too much. I choked on the last two games of the section and that alone would have got me to my regular average. So if you can shore up the LG section and stay calm, looks like you are on a good uptick. This new LR stays about the same difficulty the rest of the way, although they look a little strange, they aren't anymore or less difficult or easy. RC is totally dependent on whether a monster question passage is present or not (see Noguchi PT59). It's not that the passages got harder per se, but the questions become way more convoluted.

Good luck! Looks like your heading for a good finish.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”