December LSAT in London

xqhp82

December LSAT in London

Postby xqhp82 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:58 am

Anyone taking LSAT in London? I'm doing my retake there, wonder whether it's a popular test center...

piccolittle

Re: December LSAT in London

Postby piccolittle » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:34 am

I took it here in October 2008, and loved the test centre. Really lovely building, nice big chairs and you get a desk all to yourself. Look in my post history for a more comprehensive review from immediately after the test. Good luck!

MrAdams

Postby MrAdams » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:29 am

Aye, will be there. Going to be a heavy weekend, exam the day before, overnight bus. Meh. Will be taking on sleeping pills and then pro plus.

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 pm

piccolittle wrote:I took it here in October 2008, and loved the test centre. Really lovely building, nice big chairs and you get a desk all to yourself. Look in my post history for a more comprehensive review from immediately after the test. Good luck!

that's good to hear, I've been worried about having lots of noise distraction in London (e.g. traffic/construction sites) but hopefully that's not going to happen!
Were there many people taking the test?

MrAdams wrote:Aye, will be there. Going to be a heavy weekend, exam the day before, overnight bus. Meh. Will be taking on sleeping pills and then pro plus.

Oh dear, overnight bus is a horrible idea....where are you coming from? Wouldn't it be better to take a morning flight or something? I'm planning to take a train down the day before and stay in London overnight.

mapleleaf

Postby mapleleaf » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 pm

I'll be there too. Sounds like a party.

mapleleaf

Postby mapleleaf » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Actually, would anyone be interested in meeting up ahead of time? I don't know what your plans are for right before the test, but I know that my own nerves would likely be eased were I to chat with people before the test. I'm retaking, and I know at least one place near the test center that would be nearly ideal to meet.

PM me if you're interested; I'll look at the times and we'll work something out.

MrAdams

Postby MrAdams » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:58 pm

xqhp82 wrote:Oh dear, overnight bus is a horrible idea....where are you coming from? Wouldn't it be better to take a morning flight or something? I'm planning to take a train down the day before and stay in London overnight.

No can do good sir, coming from mid Scotland. If I flew down I'd have to be up at 6 or something stupid; so I'd be exhausted. Overnight train is ridiculously expensive. Bus is the only viable option. I am taking the bus down to Clifford Chance this coming weekend, so i'll get to see how well sleeping pills and etc will do the job. If worst comes to worst I get in at like 8 am or something daft, so i'll just sleep on a bench outside the hall ha.

Maple, id probably be down with that, I'm always up for meeting new folk. I am certainly hitting the whisky in the nearest bar afterwards, so anyone is welcome to come along and watch the train wreck that is me celebrating finishing exams.

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:12 am

MrAdams wrote:No can do good sir, coming from mid Scotland. If I flew down I'd have to be up at 6 or something stupid; so I'd be exhausted. Overnight train is ridiculously expensive. Bus is the only viable option. I am taking the bus down to Clifford Chance this coming weekend, so i'll get to see how well sleeping pills and etc will do the job. If worst comes to worst I get in at like 8 am or something daft, so i'll just sleep on a bench outside the hall ha.
[/quote]
I'm sure there's somewhere nice closeby that you can sleep instead of a bench lol. Did you apply for Clifford Chance's training contract/vac scheme? I applied for their winter workshop but got dinged after the verbal reasoning test. Quite annoyed about it since the test is so much easier compared to LSAT but I still didn't pass their benchmark...

MrAdams

Postby MrAdams » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 am

It is a two day workshop for Scottish law students. I get accepted to quite a few of their workshops as a result of a. being Scottish b. not having parents who've been to university c. being poorish and d. being on course for a first. Pity case to the max, but I don't mind cause I get to feel like a ballin' Canary Wharf lawyer for the day. Their clients' toilets are f&^%$$ing AMAZING. Could live in them.

I am going to be applying to their easter vac yeah, but I have seen that many of our 'big law' (magic/silver circle) firms have verbal reasoning tests which I actually think are farrrrr more difficult than the LSAT. Lovells are a prime example. I TOTALLY bombed their online 'tester' reasoning test ha. As far as I have seen though, the American firms do not rely on such tests, so it might be better to apply to Latham/Skaddan/Weil/etc vac schemes perhaps?

edit: didn't apply to any tc's as I was busy getting ruined in Holland on exchange last year and was busy getting.... ruined in California over the summer... so I totally forgot ha! By then I was already committed to taking the J.D. path anyway though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”