PT 25, LG #2...wut

granato

PT 25, LG #2...wut

Postby granato » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:22 pm

I've become fairly good at LG recently, but this one locked me up completely. Even after I turned the timer off I couldn't really diagram an effective setup. Can someone help me out here with key inferences and/or how to diagram this mother?

youknowryan

Re: PT 25, LG #2...wut

Postby youknowryan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:42 am

Use each guide as the base and note their languages:
_ _ _ _
V X Y Z
F T F S
S T R

Then add the must be true elements:

H
I L
_ _ _ _
V X Y Z
F T F S
S T R

Note the conditional statement: Kx->Mf (meaning M is assigned to V or Y), ~Mf->~Kx (meaning M is assigned to X or Z). If you do not visualize this well, copy the above chart fill in K with X and a dual option of M with X or Z. Just remember this is conditional and is not something that has to be true.

LMK if this helps, I'll be glad to fill you in with more detail if you need it. IMO this game is all about the set up and is not too hard if you can get the rule diagrammed and make sure all of the needed deduction are in place.

Edit: I cannot get H and I to line up over Y and L over Z, the diagram above is right except for that.

granato

Postby granato » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to check this out when I get home from work.

I thought to use the guides as the base and put which languages they spoke beneath the letters. I also charted all of the must be true and conditional elements correctly. I actually thought I had a pretty good setup until I couldn't even deduce the answer for the first question, which is a horrible sign. Obviously I'm going to have to really look at the relationship between K and M, and the deductions from that relationship, when I get home.

granato

Postby granato » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:57 pm

So I missed in the stimulus where it said every guide must be have at least one tourist.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”