EyeQ for RC

niederbomb

EyeQ for RC

Postby niederbomb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:54 am

I just downloaded it from the internet to try before the December LSAT. I searched for "speed reading" on a (website) and it was the most popular result.

Has anyone used this software to improve LSAT speed? A waste of time?

gambelda

Re: EyeQ for RC

Postby gambelda » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 am

I've been wondering if speed reading would help. The two people I have worked with to help me study who consistently get 178's both get through a passage in roughly 45 seconds. They also understand the entire passage in the process.

One of these kids took the same RC section of a test as I and finished 10 minutes early with -2 :roll:

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm

I don't read particularly quickly (usually takes me ~3 minutes to get through a passage, sometimes less), but I don't have time trouble with RC on the LSAT. I have pretty good locational memory (I know where to look for different topics in the passage), and I'm familiar enough with question types and basic process of elimination guidelines that I can work the questions with the ~6 minutes I have remaining after that initial read-through. I do go back and check the passage on almost every question, but it usually takes me almost no time to do so, because I know where to look for everything.

I put this out there as an example of how one can get around not reading very quickly and still go very quickly through the LSAT, not as a "you must do this" sort of thing. Speed-reading may be useful, but it's not necessary.

gambelda wrote:One of these kids took the same RC section of a test as I and finished 10 minutes early with -2 :roll:

I finish on time with -0. No bonus points for going excessively quickly.

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:00 pm

tomwatts wrote:
gambelda wrote:One of these kids took the same RC section of a test as I and finished 10 minutes early with -2 :roll:

I finish on time with -0. No bonus points for going excessively quickly.

I'll take either. Can I borrow you for Dec. 11th? I've got red hair and am 5'11" 148 pounds. :mrgreen:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”