RC is the bane of my existence Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
2011Law

Silver

RC is the bane of my existence

Post by 2011Law » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:51 am

Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like I must have gotten better over the past 15 RC sections that I've done and reviewed, but my average has stayed the same (though I was able to improve LR which I am happy about). I'm pretty sure that I've gotten better, but at the same time they keep getting harder. LSAC is screwing with my mind. Averaging -6 btw, with -1 LG and -3 LR, just want my 169, maybe a 170. Got 7 or so PTs to go. My drunken rant is over.

XtraordinaryMachine

New

Re: RC is the bane of my existence

Post by XtraordinaryMachine » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:24 am

2011Law wrote:Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like I must have gotten better over the past 15 RC sections that I've done and reviewed, but my average has stayed the same (though I was able to improve LR which I am happy about). I'm pretty sure that I've gotten better, but at the same time they keep getting harder. LSAC is screwing with my mind. Averaging -6 btw, with -1 LG and -3 LR, just want my 169, maybe a 170. Got 7 or so PTs to go. My drunken rant is over.
Yeah I understand how you feel--my RC avg (-4) is a killer--especially considering my other sections aren't as stellar as yours :) One thing I did to help my RC is focus on the outline of the passage rather than individual details--once you understand the structure of the passage as a whole, the argument/material of the passage becomes a lot clearer. Also, the RC sections get more difficult as you take the more recent pts IMO, therefore focusing on RC might be a good idea. Good luck to you! I'm shooting for a 170 as well, so hopefully December will be nice to us!

gambelda

Bronze

Re: RC is the bane of my existence

Post by gambelda » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 am

I'm shooting for a 170, only broken it once, hit 171 on preptest 47, since then I have returned to my average of 165-166 range.

RC is in fact the bane of my existence. anywhere from -4 to -7. At one point I was -10.

Honestly though, I think I'm just a back asswards individual. I've felt like the most recent PT's have easier RC passages than the very early ones but I seem to struggle more with games. In the early ones I was -0 at 28 minutes. Now in the newer ones, they try to hide nuances in rules that can trip you up and I usually go -1 at 34 minutes.

I'm still struggling with Assumption questions in LR.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”