More Efficient Bubbling Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rht82688

New

More Efficient Bubbling

Post by rht82688 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post on TLS. I've noticed that group bubbling has helped my overall score on LSAT pt's. My score on PT's has improved around 3 points after I started bubbling the answer sheet after every turn of the page on LR, after ever RC passage, and after every logic game. It seems to really help my speed, maintain momentum, and even minimize errors. The period of transferring answers also provides a nice mental break where I can take a deep breath and get ready for the next set of questions. It's also nice not having to shift eyes back and forth so much. Just my opinion!

XtraordinaryMachine

New

Re: More Efficient Bubbling

Post by XtraordinaryMachine » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 am

rht82688 wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first post on TLS. I've noticed that group bubbling has helped my overall score on LSAT pt's. My score on PT's has improved around 3 points after I started bubbling the answer sheet after every turn of the page on LR, after ever RC passage, and after every logic game. It seems to really help my speed, maintain momentum, and even minimize errors. The period of transferring answers also provides a nice mental break where I can take a deep breath and get ready for the next set of questions. It's also nice not having to shift eyes back and forth so much. Just my opinion!
Hey--thanks for the insight, going to try that for my next pt (3 point gain!?--def worth a try!)

Gluck Studying!

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Post by DieAntwoord » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 am

word

furrywalls

New

Post by furrywalls » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 am

FWIW one of the most helpful and random suggestions I picked up from TLS while prepping for the LSAT was to use a dull pencil. Everyone brings brand new razor sharp pencils to the test but it really does take longer to bubble.

But I def. suggest group bubbling. For LG and RC I grouped by the game or passage and for LR I grouped every 2 pages.

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:48 am

I am frankly baffled by this bubbling threads all over this forum. Do y'all seriously have problems with time / accuracy using different bubbling methods?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bmwhype2

New

Post by bmwhype2 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:41 am

furrywalls wrote:FWIW one of the most helpful and random suggestions I picked up from TLS while prepping for the LSAT was to use a dull pencil. Everyone brings brand new razor sharp pencils to the test but it really does take longer to bubble.

But I def. suggest group bubbling. For LG and RC I grouped by the game or passage and for LR I grouped every 2 pages.
i guess that shaves off 4 seconds per bubble.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 am

nullisecundus wrote:I am frankly baffled by this bubbling threads all over this forum. Do y'all seriously have problems with time / accuracy using different bubbling methods?
I did experiment w/ different bubbling techniques to find one that I felt most comfortable with / reduced errors. :oops:

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:20 am

its better not to have a razor sharp pencil tip. The sharper the tip, the greater likelihood of it breaking when bubbling.

However, the duller the pencil, the greater the chance of accidentally crossing out parts of RC/ LR and running out of room in LG

The best option would be to use a good, sharp pencil to work on, and a duller one to bubble

rht82688

New

Post by rht82688 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:22 pm

I will add, however, that I do start bubbling one by one when the 5 minute mark has been called so as not to risk anything. I've experienced a 4-5 question raw score improvement since trying this grouping technique which I'll certainly take.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”