Retake: December v. February

jets098

Retake: December v. February

Postby jets098 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:16 pm

I took the test in October and got a 159 which was about 4 points lower than my average and 8 points lower than my highest PT score. I always intended on applying this cycle because I don't really know what I would do with myself with a year off. However, after looking over the material the past few weeks I think I could really benefit taking it in October and using the extra time to really refine my strategies. If I took in February would that completely rule out the opportunity to apply this cycle with the Feb. score or would I still have a chance to get in at the schools I'm aiming for?

I am willing to take the year off if it would benefit me most (assuming I am able to get a much higher score in february.. maybe upper 160's) by doing so. If anybody has any opinions let me know! Thanks

gambelda

Re: Retake: December v. February

Postby gambelda » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:14 am

you are in a similar predicament as I. I intend to take it in December and if I dont get the score I want, no point in taking it in February. A full year off though, may be hard to do if you have used a lot of your material. Take a year off to work, and retake the LSAT in june. That way you have you score in-hand and all your application materials as soon as applications open up. Bam! you're the first applicant in.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”