PT 51 S2 Q 20 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
niederbomb

Silver

PT 51 S2 Q 20

Post by niederbomb » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:09 am

Why is A correct? What does it have to do with the "information given in the passage"?

I guessed E because none of the answer choices made sense.

bee's vision

New

Re: PT 51 S2 Q 20

Post by bee's vision » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 pm

I think this is a very hard RC question. I got to A through P.O.E.

B--"individual"? the passage goes on and on about how there is extreme variation between viewers and will require "engaging with the actual experiences of viewers"

C--domestic television? the study in the question stem is about "imported programming"

D--again the hypothetical study is all about imported programs

E--the last the paragraph states that the model "must emphasize the diversity of human responses...engaging with actual experiences of viewers, taking into account variable contexts...complex" the hypothetical study is simply not comprehensive enough to answer any of these questions. So what you're left with is

A--is correct because a study about allotted airtimes could only answer an empirical question about "access". This has to do with info in the passage because the passage is about how such an extensive anthropological study on a very personal level would be needed to answer the questions posed in B,C,D,E.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks, yeah, if I had thought about it more clearly, I would have looked at which answer choice actually corresponds to the study. Instead, I got stuck on "information in the passage," none of the choices really fit, and I panicked and picked one. Bad idea.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:57 pm

niederbomb wrote:Why is A correct? What does it have to do with the "information given in the passage"?

I guessed E because none of the answer choices made sense.
This was one I also got wrong, I think the trick here is that the answer (question that could be answered) is not mentioned directly or even indirectly in the passage, but definately could be answered by the proposed study. I had A and then switched to E. Just remember that the hard questions for RC have answers that don't "look" right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”