URM, 4.04, pt'd at 158 but *bombed* LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
northwood

Platinum

Re: URM, 4.04, pt'd at 158 but *bombed* LG

Post by northwood » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:23 pm

if you are scoring consistently at an acceptable range for you ( you would be happy with the score if the test was today- so right now 160 or better), and the only thing remaining is your updated lsat score- then go ahead and submit. If you are still unhappy with your performance, then hold off for now. ( If it looks like you will be re applying next cycle, then you will be saving some extra money)

Just remember that some schools will want an addendum for a score increase of 5 or more points. It sounds like you are making great progress, so be prepared to write one ( im sure you can attach it to your application if you submit before you get your scores back)

best of luck, and remember to keep practicing the other sections as well ( to keep your skills up)

chrissyc

Bronze

Post by chrissyc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Okay...will do. I guess you're right about that. I never know what offer is going to seal the deal for me. I pt'd again at 160..so 2 160s so far and I KNOW i can improve. It's still a timing and second guessing myself thing. I am terrible at hybrid games and selection games...sequencing are good (of course).

The logical reasoning section is really good except for the parallel questions...i hate those.

Hmm...reading comp is proving to be the worst...LR the best...and LG is getting better. I got a 91% on my last test...i think it was -2 or something.

chrissyc

Bronze

Post by chrissyc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:32 am

so...does anyone have any advice for approaching hybrid games in LG (obviously) and parallel reasoning questions for the LR section? Those are my weaknesses.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 pm

chrissyc wrote:so...does anyone have any advice for approaching hybrid games in LG (obviously) and parallel reasoning questions for the LR section? Those are my weaknesses.
Whoa, one step at a time. There's no way you'll figure out how to tackle hybrid games unless your skills on regular LG types is sound. Hybrid games are there for a reason. The perfect LG scorer will breeze through the first 3 games in about 20-23 minutes, leaving a good 12-15 for the hybrid, because even for the best of us, they take time. Except for the interns game, when I re-did the test at home after I found the inference it took me maybe 8 minutes. :x

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”