Anyone else use both PS and Atlas LG guides?

Sandro

Anyone else use both PS and Atlas LG guides?

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 am

I'm just starting on the Atlas guide and feel like its a good complement for someone having trouble with LG after going through PS once or twice. I don't think I will be using ALL of their strategies/methods but some of them seem to be helpful to supplement PS.

Sandro

Re: Anyone else use both PS and Atlas LG guides?

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am

actually, I just peeked ahead to some of their formal logic/conditional sections.... :shock: I cant imagine trying to learn that system and trust myself to accurately diagram that mess of arrows and lines on test day. Well, atleast their numbering/ordering/3d stuff isnt that bad lol.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:18 am

Well damn, got my hopes up. Trying to find a supplemental system to PS, retaking in Dec and need to get my LGs better.

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 am

Sandro777 wrote:actually, I just peeked ahead to some of their formal logic/conditional sections.... :shock: I cant imagine trying to learn that system and trust myself to accurately diagram that mess of arrows and lines on test day. Well, atleast their numbering/ordering/3d stuff isnt that bad lol.

i actually love the arrows thing...

would've done wonders with the birds and wrens game.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 am

Sandro777 wrote:actually, I just peeked ahead to some of their formal logic/conditional sections.... :shock: I cant imagine trying to learn that system and trust myself to accurately diagram that mess of arrows and lines on test day. Well, atleast their numbering/ordering/3d stuff isnt that bad lol.

A lot of PS refugees feel that way at first - and no doubt some don't make the switch over. When we get last minute students that are successful with a different system, we leave it be (if it ain't broke...). But, if one can learn to write out conditional statements, one can learn to draw arrows. They isn't much difference in the skills that are needed. That said, you do need to keep an eye on neatness to wring the most out of our system.

Good luck!

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:46 pm

I am going to read the sections and see what its all about, it was just my first impression from seeing all those lines. I have terrible handwriting and can just see myself being lost.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:19 pm

I was using the PS method for a while...then picked up the Atlas book for shits and giggles to see if I could combine methods or Pick and Choose depending on the question...

Their Logic Chain just wasnt doing it for me. With the easy games it was fine...but for the more complicated games, the Arrows criss-crossing just made it all much more confusing than it had to be. Like Sandro, I have messy hand writing (even when I try to be neat) so the time I would have to take to slow down to really make it clear hurts me more than using the PS method. I could see where it would be beneficial to some people, but I dont have the time (less than a month :(! ) to practice it enough. My 2cents...although their linear approach I liked a bit more than PS.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:29 pm

I definitely like their linear approach better. It isnt revolutionary but I feel it helps me attack the questions quicker and just looks better than PS's method.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:06 am

Just finished the guide (minus the conditional/formal logic sections). I like their box/stack techniques, granted its been a few months since I touched the LG bible but I cannot remember the level of detail in their setups/instructions being as much as Atlas. . If you are struggling with games this book can only help you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”