LSAT Writing Section study time?

2011Law

LSAT Writing Section study time?

Postby 2011Law » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:36 pm

What do you think of doing three or four writing sections as being enough preparation for it? Anyone not even going to read a few of the prompts?

kkklick

Re: LSAT Writing Section study time?

Postby kkklick » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:40 pm

2011Law wrote:What do you think of doing three or four writing sections as being enough preparation for it? Anyone not even going to read a few of the prompts?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

...This is a joke right?

gdane

Postby gdane » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:54 pm

^^^^
Dont be prick.

2011, dont bother. Any time you spend on preparing for the writing section would be better spent on actual LSAT questions. The writing section doesnt count and as long as can string together a few competent sentences, youll be ok.

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:02 pm

gdane5 wrote:^^^^
Dont be prick.

2011, dont bother. Any time you spend on preparing for the writing section would be better spent on actual LSAT questions. The writing section doesnt count and as long as can string together a few competent sentences, youll be ok.

good to hear. its not exactly like I was about to study writing instead of the other sections, just planning on seeing what its about. I mean, after 80 hrs of studying for the other three sections, and pretty confident of getting the score I want, I didn't think two hours spread over a month would be a big deal, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, I know, you want to tell me I'm wrong.

AverageTutoring

Postby AverageTutoring » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 pm

When I took the exam people actually wrote essays during the writing section, rookie mistake. It is a time to stretch the legs, shower down, maybe snap off a quick one!

There's no sense in preparing for that. But it's not going to hurt you if you do. Just lost opportunity cost is all.

Postby 2014 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 pm

No one here is trying to be an asshole, it is just legitimate advice. Don't bother to actually write any of them. If anything, you can read the prompt for 3-4 and you will be overprepared.

I actually did write a pretty good essay on the real deal in October, just because I had little better to do for 35 minutes of captivity. Going into the test though I had never even seen an old writing prompt so it was totally foreign to me and it was a serious piece of cake.

flannelman

Postby flannelman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 pm

The writing section is just one last sample of your very own handwriting which you provide to LSAC to ensure that someone else has not sat down in your seat and taken the last two sections of the exam for you.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:00 pm

stay on topic, dont draw a picture, and prove that you know how to write a coherent essay.

All of your essays that you did in undergrad and before will be more than enough practice on the test, assuming that you wrote complete thoughts in English

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Although there's no need to prepare for the writing sample, it's a stupid idea to draw pictures or write YOU"RE NOT READING THIS. YOU'RE NOT READING THIS. Most law schools are not going to care how good your essay is, but many have said they at least glance at it.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:07 pm

i wrote two paragraphs and then drew a picture with my highlighter on my scratch paper.

it was of a sun.

a happy one.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”