Family is the reason I messed up on the LSAT

Rawlberto

Re: Family is the reason I messed up on the LSAT

Postby Rawlberto » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 am

I'm sorry but you guys have awful families. Work on that instead of the LSAT.

nStiver

Postby nStiver » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:45 am

Fuck em. My family doesn't know anything about the LSAT except for my dad, who lives on the other side of the country anyway and is a general asshole to begin with. My wife is supportive, my mom is a sort of ex hippy follow-your-heart-my-son kind of woman so she doesn't really care about what I score, nor does she understand the LSAT or the law school admissions process in general anyway.

I do understand what it is like having an overbearing dad however. He is completely in the dark about how to do well on the LSAT, but he inflicts upon me his ill-informed opinion about how I should be going about my studies (and my life for that matter). Its to the point where I don't even want to talk to him anymore, much less take his advice.

My question to the OP is this: Why are you in a situation where your family has so much access to the details of your personal life, (how well you perform on the LSAT is your personal business, you know)? How is it that they are in a position to be breathing down your neck about this? Are you living at home? Do you need to cut some unhealthy ties to your parents? It sounds to me like your parents are trying to control your life, and they are probably having a hard time accepting that you are (I assume) a young adult now and that you don't need them to micro manage your life for you. Have you told them that you resent this?

The biggest, and probably most difficult question for you to answer, is why are you studying for this test in the first place? Was it even your idea to go to law school? Are your parents researching the admissions process on their own and then telling you what you need to do? DO YOU EVEN WANT TO BE A LAWYER? Thats the big one.

Do some thinking, then get back to us.

bmwhype2

Postby bmwhype2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 am

kkklick wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:It just might be that I was quoting his word, hence the quotation marks.

In that case, you also happened to misquote his spelling. He spelled it "ludacris." Either way, why pick on the guy's (or girl's?) spelling when it has no bearing on his situation?

I think his missed quotation is a general reflection of his abilities.

you're annoying as fuck.

bmwhype2

Postby bmwhype2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:It just might be that I was quoting his word, hence the quotation marks.

In that case, you also happened to misquote his spelling. He spelled it "ludacris." Either way, why pick on the guy's (or girl's?) spelling when it has no bearing on his situation?

true. overlooked it.

KMaine

Postby KMaine » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 am

Are we really being this nice to the OP? Where is the TLS I know?

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 am

bmwhype2 wrote:
kkklick wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

I think his missed quotation is a general reflection of his abilities.

you're annoying as fuck.

LOL, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 am

KMaine wrote:Are we really being this nice to the OP? Where is the TLS I know?

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”