When will past scores dissappear?

TheDudeness

When will past scores dissappear?

Postby TheDudeness » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:41 pm

When I was an undergrad I decided to take the LSAT, and blew it. I didn't really study and was not 100% set on going to law school. I decided to go to grad school and got into an amazing finance program. However, after sometime has passed I'm thinking about going to law school, after working for a few years.

I last took the LSAT in 2007. In the LSAC account I have it says my account will expire in May 2012. Will my 2007 score be reported to law schools for the foreseeable future, or will it not be a factor if I take the LSAT later and apply to grad school around 2014? I know it's a little bit in the future, but thought it beneficial to get started now.
Last edited by TheDudeness on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2011Cycle

Re: When will past scores dissappear?

Postby 2011Cycle » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:42 pm

TheDudeness wrote:When I was an undergrad I decided to take the LSAT, and blew it. I didn't really study and was not 100% set on going to law school. I decided to go to grad school and got into amazing finance program. However, after sometime has passed I'm think about going to law school, after working for a few years.

I last took the LSAT in 2007. In the LSAC account I have it says my account will expire in May 2012. Will my 2007 score be reported to law schools for the foreseeable future, or will it not be a factor if I take the LSAT later and apply to grad school around 2014? I know it's a little bit in the future, but thought it beneficial to get started now.

2007 score will drop off in 2012 at your 5 year anniversary of sitting for the 2007 exam.

Bert

Postby Bert » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:05 pm

2011Cycle wrote:
TheDudeness wrote:When I was an undergrad I decided to take the LSAT, and blew it. I didn't really study and was not 100% set on going to law school. I decided to go to grad school and got into amazing finance program. However, after sometime has passed I'm think about going to law school, after working for a few years.

2007 score will drop off in 2012 at your 5 year anniversary of sitting for the 2007 exam.

Unless LSAC has changed the rules since last year, scores only drop off after the June exam which occurs five years after the exam which you took. If you took the either the Feb or the June exam in 2007, your score will drop off after the June 2012 exam. If you sat for either the Oct or Dec exam in 2007, then your score will drop off after the June 2013 exam.

lsatter

Postby lsatter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 am

Although it's 5 years before LSAC will stop reporting them, some schools want a score that's been taken within the past 3 years for apps. That said, for schools like that, if you have a 4 year old low score, and a brand new good one, and the school takes multiple scores into account, I have no idea if they'll ignore the old one, deprecate its worth, or average.

(This had enough caveats as to be almost useless. Basically, 5 years before LSAC forget the test, some schools might ignore it sooner)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”