February Administrations "Iffy"? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
m3taphysician

New

February Administrations "Iffy"?

Post by m3taphysician » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I've heard a few times that the Feb LSATs are not ideal, mainly because info isn't released/published. Some people I've spoken to have speculated that the Feb. test as a whole is more prone to "LSAC Experimentation'"

Anyone here have any thoughts on this? I'm leaning toward pushing my test from Dec to Feb to utilize the month off during winter break (applying for next cycle). Any insight would be appreciated.

SupraVln180

Silver

Re: February Administrations "Iffy"?

Post by SupraVln180 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:14 pm

if you don't mind waiting until next cycle to apply, you might as well take the extra month. the only way it will hurt you is that slim chance you misbubble and you can't see your score sheet. that shouldn't deter you from a feb. test though.

suspicious android

Silver

Re: February Administrations "Iffy"?

Post by suspicious android » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:59 pm

m3taphysician wrote:Anyone here have any thoughts on this? I'm leaning toward pushing my test from Dec to Feb to utilize the month off during winter break (applying for next cycle). Any insight would be appreciated.
This is my favorite unfalsifiable claim about the LSAT. There are "strange" things about every LSAT administration, arguments about how some question or whole section was weird, unprecedented, whatever. Then, when the tests are released 99.9% of those complaints vanish. That never happens for the February tests, so the people who are sure that it was a weird test never get any negative feedback.

The idea that LSAC throws out the entire point of having a standardized test just so they can try out something new for the February tests just doesn't pass the most basic standards of common sense. They can try anything they want on any test, they use multiple experimental sections for every administration, it's not like they don't have opportunities to try out new things in June/Oct/Dec.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”