Cambridge LSAT books - Limited number of views?

kpuc

Cambridge LSAT books - Limited number of views?

Postby kpuc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:36 am

I just bought the two Cambridge LSAT LG by Type books online. I went to access it on my account, and I saw that each section had a number beside it, indicating the number of remaining views that I had.

Are you only allowed to view purchased materials an X number of times? I want to make sure so that if the answer is yes, I can print multiple copies on my first view rather than risk wasting my number of views and have to buy it all over again.

Or can you simply download the files once you view so that they exist permanently in your HD?

The Gentleman

Re: Cambridge LSAT books - Limited number of views?

Postby The Gentleman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:49 am

kpuc wrote:Are you only allowed to view purchased materials an X number of times

X=3

kpuc wrote:Or can you simply download the files once you view so that they exist permanently in your HD?

Can't save them, they're protected. You could print them and then scan them back into a pdf.

DrackedaryMaster

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:50 am

Use a program like doPDF-Version 7. Choose the printer icon when viewing the PT and "print" directly to a PDF file. It takes a few minutes and might look like your computer freezes up while it "prints" it to PDF, but it will save as PDF and then you have it for posterity and don't have to use the site at all or use your limited number of views.

Here is their site: http://www.dopdf.com/

Hope I'm not violating any rules so I'll throw this last tidbit of common sense in. Do not share the files, upload them, violate copyright infrigement, etc. My suggestion is to destroy them once you've finished taking the LSAT, gotten the score you want, and don't need them for further studying.

edit: This I know works for PT's. Not sure if its the same situation for OP in regards to the other offerred Cambridge products.

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:15 am

Print to PDF FTW.

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:27 am

Just figured out you can save them to PDF after you hit "print". Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”