Do I have enough time?

akak179

Do I have enough time?

Postby akak179 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:57 pm

In june I prepared for roughly 5 weeks for the LSAT and receieved a score of 163 Which was right around my PT average. For the last two weeks prior to the exam I was taking at least 1 pt a day, I was very much in LSAT mode.

Now, since that dreaded June day I have not looked at any LSAT material, now however, I really feel the urge to retake. I am in the middle of a semester though and feel as if time may be an issue. Also, as of right now I couldnt tell you the difference between a logic game and a video game, I am that out of the "LSAT Mode". I realize that alot of it may end up coming right back to me as I begin to study again, however the question I have is - Should I retake in december? or do I really not have enough time to get back into the swing of things and perform better than my 163?

Thanks for your help guys and gals!

etown989

Re: Do I have enough time?

Postby etown989 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Are you applying for this current cycle?
If not why add more stress to your life and try to get in a 4 week cram session of LSAT studying. Take your time and take it when you feel ready

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:29 pm

yeah man, given you're still in undergrad, taking a year off never hurt anybody. I am retaking in December, but still might take a year off after undergrad anyway. You will still be "young" for law school even if you take a year off.

So, to answer your question, since you scored at your PT average in June with extensive prep, you probably will not be able to "wing" it and do better this time. Prep during winter/holiday break and kill it in Feb.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm

The above two posts seem like common sense. I know you might feel rushed to get to law school but it's better than botching your UG GPA AND the LSAT by trying to cram too much into a very small time frame. Wait.

mstaten

Postby mstaten » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 pm

M.M. wrote:The above two posts seem like common sense. I know you might feel rushed to get to law school but it's better than botching your UG GPA AND the LSAT by trying to cram too much into a very small time frame. Wait.

TITCR

akak179

Postby akak179 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:25 pm

yeah, I am def going to be applying for this cycle. My 163 makes me confident that most of the PA (the region I most likely wish to practice in) schools will accept me, but I feel that if I can add just a couple points to my score, I can really change the caliber of school that I may be looking at.

I probably should have been more specific about my PT average, my overall average was around a 163(diagnostic 159), but after I got the powerscore bibles and started my last two weeks, I was more around the 165-166 range. My GPA on the other hand is barely going to change with my last 18 credits.

I know taking off a year wouldnt hurt, but it is my preference to start next year.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:30 am

akak179 wrote:yeah, I am def going to be applying for this cycle. My 163 makes me confident that most of the PA (the region I most likely wish to practice in) schools will accept me, but I feel that if I can add just a couple points to my score, I can really change the caliber of school that I may be looking at.

I probably should have been more specific about my PT average, my overall average was around a 163(diagnostic 159), but after I got the powerscore bibles and started my last two weeks, I was more around the 165-166 range. My GPA on the other hand is barely going to change with my last 18 credits.

I know taking off a year wouldnt hurt, but it is my preference to start next year.

So twat was the point of this thread?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”