Cambridge LR- to do or not to do?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MdmMoisel

New

Cambridge LR- to do or not to do?

Postby MdmMoisel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:06 am

Hey guys,
Two weeks ago I bought the Cambridge Difficult LR set. I consistently get 5 out of 10 wrong doing its questions untimed. My LR average with actual practice tests timed is -6, -8 usually, which means I'm not clear with some LR concepts (esp. Assumption qs and parallel reasoning). You think doing Cambridge set is helpful at this point (Dec taker)? Thanks!

gerbal

New

Re: Cambridge LR- to do or not to do?

Postby gerbal » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:21 am

I feel like assumption questions are the easiest. All you have to do is "connect" 2 bits of information (premise and conclusion?) and this works nearly every single time. I never bought the cambridge difficult LR set but if you're unsure on specific concepts maybe you should focus on those first? -6 isn't bad (-3 per LR section?). If you're missing the difficult questions I guess the difficult LR set could help but I think PTs and reviewing those thoroughly helps more than anything.

MdmMoisel

New

Postby MdmMoisel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks gerbal! No, I'm missing -6 per LR section!! When doing individual timed sections I usually get -2 or -3, but with a complete PT, it's another story. Assmpt and Parallel Reas. are by far the most intimidating Q types for me. Thanks for your advice..I don't think I've time for Cambridge set anymore :(

catsparka

Bronze

Postby catsparka » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:31 pm

I did the difficult LR questions. They were pretty helpful, but I made sure not to touch them as test week approached, because they can really kill your confidence.

MdmMoisel

New

Postby MdmMoisel » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 am

Yeah you're right.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Postby motiontodismiss » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:35 am

gerbal wrote:I feel like assumption questions are the easiest. All you have to do is "connect" 2 bits of information (premise and conclusion?) and this works nearly every single time. I never bought the cambridge difficult LR set but if you're unsure on specific concepts maybe you should focus on those first? -6 isn't bad (-3 per LR section?). If you're missing the difficult questions I guess the difficult LR set could help but I think PTs and reviewing those thoroughly helps more than anything.

Especially assumptions with causal conclusions. Find whatever denies a possible alternate cause or establishes the cause-effect relationship.

For assumptions find the "rogue" elements (gaps) and just link them. For flaw, point out the rogue elements. They used to give me a ton of toruble but not so much anymore.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�