Couple LSAT offtopic questions..

paulshortys10

Couple LSAT offtopic questions..

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:35 pm

1.Sleep. Right noW I'm used to waking up at 11, but this will obviously have to change real soon since my test is at 8. How have some of you in my situation done this?

2.Caffeine/others-I lift weights a lot and rely on Caffeine and since I usually study after my workouts, I'm caffeinated. I'm obviously going to drink a Monster/Redbull before the exam. Does anyone recommend taking Adderall? Obviously If i do, I atleast want to take 2-3 Pt's under Adderall to have some practice with it..

3.What items can you carry with you to the LSAT? are you searched? for example, Can i sneak in like 2 Caffeine pills, or say a 5 hour energy in my pants without them searching me?

incompetentia

Re: Couple LSAT offtopic questions..

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:42 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:1.Sleep. Right noW I'm used to waking up at 11, but this will obviously have to change real soon since my test is at 8. How have some of you in my situation done this?

Wake up earlier.

2.Caffeine/others-I lift weights a lot and rely on Caffeine and since I usually study after my workouts, I'm caffeinated. I'm obviously going to drink a Monster/Redbull before the exam. Does anyone recommend taking Adderall? Obviously If i do, I atleast want to take 2-3 Pt's under Adderall to have some practice with it..

uh

3.What items can you carry with you to the LSAT? are you searched? for example, Can i sneak in like 2 Caffeine pills, or say a 5 hour energy in my pants without them searching me?

The test will take roughly 4 1/2 hours. 5HE gives you 5 hours of energy.

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 pm

incompetentia wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:1.Sleep. Right noW I'm used to waking up at 11, but this will obviously have to change real soon since my test is at 8. How have some of you in my situation done this?

Wake up earlier. Not so easy when you've slept til 11 for years.

uh...

The test will take roughly 4 1/2 hours. 5HE gives you 5 hours of energy.

Not so easy when you've slept til 11 for years......5he doesn't give Me 5hrs of energy...caffeine affects me less than a regular person that never uses it.

Postby 5823 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Last edited by 5823 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 pm

1) Sleep - Start waking up early NOW. Make sure you have been awake for at least two hours before taking a PT. And don't drink any caffeine on the day before the test.

2) Caffeine - This was my biggest downfall in October. I took the advice on these forums and standardized my intake of 5 Hour Energy over many PTs. On test day, I had the same amount of caffeine as I had done many times before, but felt way more jittery than I had during any of my PTs. I hadn't accounted for test day nerves. I definitely think this cost me. I missed a total of 9 in the first two sections and only 1 over the last two. I would recommend decreasing your usual caffeine intake on test day.

3) Test Day Items - Just put your shit in a plastic baggie. And leave your phone in your car.

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 pm

5823 wrote:
1.Sleep. Right noW I'm used to waking up at 11, but this will obviously have to change real soon since my test is at 8. How have some of you in my situation done this?

I suck at waking up early too, and I knew my brain wasn't used to turning on fully by 9am, so for the two weeks prior to the test I woke up several hours earlier (like 5 or 5:30) and practiced getting my brain moving in the early morning so that the eventual test day wouldn't be a shock to my system. (I usually took full length PTs starting around 6am, right before work). I know it sucks to even consider getting up that early for lazy bums like us, but trust me it's worth it. Before this two-week stretch, my evening PT average was 3 points higher than my morning average, but I equaled out by the end of my practice regimen.

Does anyone recommend taking Adderall? Obviously If i do, I atleast want to take 2-3 Pt's under Adderall to have some practice with it..

Do you get test anxiety? Are you used to participating in high pressure events like sports? If you know how your body reacts to potentially stressful "game day" environments and you're sure that you won't get a natural adrenaline spike, then you might look into Adderall. Otherwise, it's hard to replicate the actual test day environment, so even if your body becomes accustomed to it when you're PTing and you benefit from it, you can't know for sure if it will be helpful or detrimental for you during the real thing. Do a forum search for Adderall and you'll get more informed results from users.

You're not searched. I had my 5 hour energy in my clear ziplock bag- no sneaking around necessary. I chugged it a couple minutes before they started handing out answer sheets/test booklets, in plain sight of the proctors. You're allowed to bring refreshments as long as you don't break them out during the exam.

Thanks for the response.
I Will probably go to sleep 1 hour earlier each week form now on, so by the last week I'll be waking up at 7ish. As far as a natural adrenaline, I've done wrestling and other 1 on 1 sports in tournament mode, so i don't get that adrenaline much, So adderall hopefully helps me out. As far as the plastic bag, can i put anything in it literally? I want to take some Ibuprofen(i get migraines), some caffeine pills, and maybe a drink/protein bar...is this fine?

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 am

OP. Read the information on your ticket pdf to see what you can take.

About Adderall, I took it for about 10 PTs before the Oct test, and during the Oct test. I think it helped. If you do take it, be sure to take it at least for 5 PTs before the real thing so you know how your body reacts. Also, I was able to bring my pill in with me and took it when they were just about done checking people in as to get the maximum benefit. I just had it in a smaller plastic bag inside my large one. No one really looked for it though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”